Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"06" Eggtoberfest Recipe Book

BBQ Billy
BBQ Billy Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good Morning to All...[p]It sure looked like everyone had a great in Atlanta. I can't remember who suggested putting together a recipe book, but if it ever happens please let me know, I would like to purchase a couple of them. Maybe the proceeds from the book could be donated to a chatity in Atlanta on behalf of all EGG owners. I am perfecting my skills on the EGG and hopefully next year we can make the trip and cook for everyone. Have a great day. [p]BBQ Billy

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    BBQ Billy,
    Bill Wise "Wise One" compiles all of the recipes and myself and the NakedWhiz host them on our websites for a free download...They are typically in .pdf format and living cookbook format...It will be well posted here on the forum when they are available.....Both Whiz and I have all of the past books on our websites if you have any interest in those...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    BBQ Billy, it's in the works. If you download a copy and feel obliged, my son goes to college in Atlanta so does that qualify as an Atlanta Based charity? I have thought about getting something together in hard copy but it so much more convenient to do it in PDF format and let everyone just print it at home. Maybe one day we'll fancy it up.

• Wise One
    BBQ Billy, I might add, here is what I have coolected so far for inclusion. Is there something you liked that is missing?
    EGGtoberfest 2006
    Adobo Chicken
    Apple Crostatas on BGE
    Atomic Buffalo Turds
    Bacon Wrapped Watermelon Rinds
    Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Manchego Cheese
    Breakfast Pizza
    Caramel Breakfast Rolls
    Crown Roast
    Daddy Pat’s Mellow Mushroom Bacon Bites
    Daddy Pat’s Shake and Grill Firecracker Wings
    Dizzy Pig Nad Stew
    EggHatter's Chocolate Dream Roll
    Eggribs
    Eggtuary's Bourbon Bread Pudding
    Georgia Red Wings
    Grilled Salmon
    GrillMeister's Disappearing Wings
    Harvey Wallbanger Cake
    Kathy’s Green Bean Casserole
    Kathy’s Peach Cobbler
    Leg of Lamb
    Mrs. Puj's "Apple Peeler Corer Slicer" Crumb
    Phillipino Fried Rice
    Sandbagger's Stuffed Shrooms
    Sausage and Biscuits on the 3 Tier Rack
    Sausage/Cheese Bread Roll
    Schweineroulade
    WessB and SallyB`s Eggtoberfest Stuffed Green Peppers
    Casserina

• T-Que
    T-Que Posts: 44
    Wise One ,
    Thanks so much for putting the 2006 cookbook together!! I have printed the 2004 cookbook and used it several times. I have never seen a 2005 book. Was there one ever put together?
    A couple of receipes I did not see on your list were the Egg-tou-ffee and the "Red Neck Sushi". I believe both came out of the same booth. The booth was on the left hand side (walking way from the back of the building) about half the way down. The Egg-tou-fee was egg-cellent!! I missed out on the Red neck Sushi but if you find the reciepe I'll make it just to try it!
    Again thank for all the work putting this together.
    T-Que

• Wise One
    T-Que, I didn't get to sample eithe ro fthose and am not sure who put that together but maybe they'll read your post and send that recipe in. As for 2005, I did put one together. Email me and I'll send one out to you.

• ChuckGGa
    ChuckGGa Posts: 115
    T-Que,
    I agree - The Egg-tou-ffee was delicious... I'd love that recipe as well. I believe the booth was just to the left of the "jus-fer-fun" team - and across from the Oklahoma crew with the yellow banners... I did not know them, or catch their names...[p]She mentioned several times that to cook "great" cajun food you need to use fresh ingredients, and commented a couple of times "this did not take 10 minutes - it took several hours"... but I never caught a name or saw a nametag on the ladies serving... [p]Chuck

8 Green Eggs...I have a problem, ha ha!   1-XL; 2-L, 2-Med; 2-Sm; 1-Mini.       

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    ChuckGGa,
    Dan Dieterle (Green Egg Dan) was the tent that served the Egg-tou-ffee. It was their friend, Gloria, that cooked the wonderful dish. We got in touch with Dan and ask him to get her to post the recipe.[p]Poppasam