Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast iron not getting clean in dishwasher-what setting to use?

2»

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    billt01 said:
    that title just kills my soul a little bit...
    It was just click bait.  I use "the ringer" that @tarheelmatt opened my eyes to.   After cleaning, I heat CI back up on stove and  apply a thin coat of grapeseed oil.  My eggs don't stick!  :-)  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    I believe I read where Bosch is adding a Cast Iron cycle for their new dishwasher later this year. I am so eggscited.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    GrillSgt said:
    I believe I read where Bosch is adding a Cast Iron cycle for their new dishwasher later this year. I am so eggscited.
    The new Bosh dishwasher still uses condensation drying so you'll need to make sure you get your CI out as soon as the last cycle completes; otherwise you will have a head start on turning it into a lovely, rust patina on the inside an outside. =) 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Apparently some CI skillets are just fine with being run thru the dishwasher:

https://youtu.be/TOnisdsZdZk?t=25

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Is this the thread where I can get directions on how to refill my lawnmowers blinker fluid?  Anyone know where I can buy 100' of flightline?
    Near San Francisco in California
  • To get 100’ of flightline you need to fill out an ID-10-T form first. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Huh? They told me to fill out a WD40. Worked for me.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    baychilla said:
    Is this the thread where I can get directions on how to refill my lawnmowers blinker fluid?  Anyone know where I can buy 100' of flightline?
    Ive been told lighter fluid is a safe alternative to blinker fluid..Give it a go...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• baychilla said:
    Is this the thread where I can get directions on how to refill my lawnmowers blinker fluid?  Anyone know where I can buy 100' of flightline?
    @baychilla I told my roommate once that her blinker fluid was leaking on my driveway. 

She no joke took it into the BMW dealership a month later to get the car serviced and told them to see if she had a blinker leak. The service manager called her dad. $hit was hysterical. We still give her grief about it. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN