Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My wife won the large Egg!!!!!

AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got home to Tucson late Sunday from ATL, and I'm already back in NC for a couple days. Haven't had much forum time. About 3/4 of the way through the raffle on Saturday afternoon my bladder became painfully aware of the beers I had consumed. I gave Kim my ticket and worked my way through the crowd to the porta potties. Crowds are pretty good about letting you out but getting back in is a different story so I just waited on the ramp until everthing ended, I couldn't hear anything from the speaker. As the crowd thinned I saw Kim, she had the biggest grin as she proudly proclaimed that she had won the large Egg. I would have given anything to have seen her when she realized she won, I have no doubt she went ballistic. -RP

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    AZRP,
    Kim told us this morning after I posted a simple question. But thank you for posting it from your standpoint! I love it when good things happen to good people!

[ul][li]Kim's post[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    AZRP,
    Everything works out for the best. Glad she/you won.[p]Mike

• ArvadaMan
    ArvadaMan Posts: 260
    AZRP,[p]I know what that is like. My wife won the raffle for the large egg at the Colorado Eggfest earlier this year. She spent the next two weeks walking around and saying "Hi! I won a Big Green Egg!" to anyone who would listen. She was pretty pumped. She has let me use it but I have to be careful or she might take it back.
  • AZRP
    Arvadaman,
    That was a fun fest, I'm fairly certain we will be there again next year. This time we will have to meet up. -RP

• AZRP
    RRP,
    You can't imagine what it took to get her to post here. She isn't a forum person, e-mail yes but not forums, newsgroups, and the like. If we converted AlakanC's husband Brent this weekend, I think we did a number on Kim too. Man I got a great wife! -RP

• T-Que
    T-Que Posts: 44
    AZRP,
    My wife and I were a couple of folks to the right of your wife and I will tell you she was very excited!! Even the Fatman commented on how excited she was. It was great to see the surprise in her face, sorry you missed it. I know how she felt, we won a medium egg two years ago. Its a heck of a gift!!! And one that keeps on giving...
    Enjoy!
    BTW, I guess it didn't fit in the overhead on the way home???[p]T-Que

• AZRP
    Car Wash Mike,
    Thanks Mike. -RP

• AZRP
    T-Que,
    Thanks, I was hoping someone saw her and would report. No overhead, but I will say this, the people at BGE go all out to please thier customers. They went way beyond anything I would have expected from winning a raffle. They are truly an amazing company. -RP

• AZRP,
    I saw it when your wife won that large EGG. My EGG was green with envy when I told her.....no wait.....she's already GREEN.

• AZRP, I guess that "scro....." finally paid off.....Nothing better than that whopper smile from your father-in-law while he explained the technique. Y'all made a beleiver out of me. I'll be "scro....." as much as I can from now til the next eggfest, probably after too! T

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Sandbagger,
    scro.....????????????????????????????????????????????? Please fill us in!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • AZRP
    Tom,
    I wasn't there for the scrog... discussion, however, if my father-in-law told you the story, I'm sure you enjoyed. I'm taking them out to dinner tommorrow night so I'll find out what you're talking about. Fun meeting you last weekend. -RP

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    AZRP,
    I couldnt see who won the egg but when i heard arizona i wondered if it was yall. im glad you won it. now your place is gonna look like mine with 3 eggs.
    i need to get some advise from you sometime about hot tubs. building a new house and want to put one on the back deck for the aching back.

• AZRP,[p]See, I told you people would reply to you. Love ya and I'm gonna cook on the egg some day.[p]kjbp
  • Sandbagger,
    I guess I don't need to instruct you now. It was great meeting you. See you next spring..Randy's cooking...[p]Kim

• AZRP
    ugavet,
    E-mail me any time. -RP

• T-Que
    AZRP,
    Ya know, I wasn't gonna say anything in my thank you to BGE, but a couple of posts deep I will. It was a shame, I had a group behind me during the drawing that kept complaining that the drawing started late and they were taking too long on the small stuff like the cedar planks. They kept yelling "throw them out to the crowd" (cedar planks?? smart huh??). The fact of the matter is, half the fun of a drawing is the anticipation. Wanting to win something, but not too soon.....Man, I vote for not throwing anything out to the crowd, raffle it all off. If BGE is graciously giving all that stuff out let them have some fun with it and lets all listen for that last number announced on every ticket drawn. And if you can't wait it out, go ahead and leave, that's more goodies for us.... Think about it, your wife's number was the last number called this year. My number three years ago (actually my son was holding our tickets which made it even better) was the second to last number called. All that anticipation and BANG!!!! I think its cool, my hats off to BGE, they always end Eggtoberfest in a large way. I hope they find it in their hearts to keep it up. I know I will be there to the end!!![p]T-Que

• AZRP
    T-Que,
    I couldn't agree more, maybe next year we can meet and compare note on the art of having someone else hold your ticket. -RP

• T-Que
    AZRP,[p]I'm in!! :-) My daughter hasn't won anything yet...