Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - 14" Stainless Grid - OT

Options
For those of you who use an Akorn Jr and would prefer a stainless steel grid to the CI it comes with, I finally found one! Not familiar with 201 grade SS (Eggs are 304) so I don't know if it's going to rust easily or it there will be other issues, but I ordered one. Just received it and haven't used it yet so we'll see. A refrigerator magnet does not stick to it so I guess that's a good sign.

I've been using my 14" plated steel Weber Smokey Joe grid on my Akorn, about $10. This one was $20. Apparently, a lifetime warranty though, assuming they're still in business! =) The Amazon link below says, "If you have any issues with your grate at any time, send us a message and we will send you a replacement."

I affiliation with these guys, just thought I'd pass it along.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075DHNT1H/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments