Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hawaiian BBQ Salmon

Simple but really turned out great!

Picked up some Faroe Islands Salmon from Patton's Meat Market.  Not what I went in there to buy but it looked so good I couldn't pass it up.

Drizzled with a bit of EVOO and applied a healthy coat of Lane's BBQ - Kapalua Hawaiian BBQ Rub that's recently hit the shelves.  I've also used it on Tri-Tip and Wings but I think this is our favorite application to date (although all have been fantastic).

Got egg set at 425 direct on raised grate (felt level).  Placed fish skin side down on oiled grate for 4 mins then flipped.  After 2 mins. or so flipped back skin side down. Brushed with softened butter mixed with additional Kapalua rub.  Ran it about 4 mins till internal temperature hit 130.  Pulled and served with baked potato and roasted asparagus. 

Quick and easy weekday meal.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
Peachtree Corners, GA

Comments