Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help Operation BBQ Relief win $10K

Options
13»

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    12702 third place
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Solid third 12760 and counting. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    12,929 get'r done!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    13,529. Found a few more addresses. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    14217 still in 3rd
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    14570 still in third place.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Solid third this AM.  One more time...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    16459 and moved up to 2nd
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Hotch
    Options
    Get'r done!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    16709 2nd place.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    18113.  Back to 3rd.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    18243. Stuff that ballot box. Solid third.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Vote early and often.  Done for today.
  • Hotch
    Options
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    19,657 - second place is 19807.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    DONE AGAIN
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    22662 in second for now.Done.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Hotch
    Options
    22,879 Get'r done guys!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Solid third as of now.  
  • SamIAm2
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @R2Egg2Q - Wanted to view voting information but the link is no longer working. Do you have any insight? Edit: Assume voting is over and winners would be listed somewhere on the site.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    Just said that all entries will have the email addresses verified by a third party. Hold on to you inboxes- here comes the spam!
  • R2Egg2Q
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @R2Egg2Q - Wanted to view voting information but the link is no longer working. Do you have any insight? Edit: Assume voting is over and winners would be listed somewhere on the site.
    Last count I saw was about 40 minutes before the voting ended and OBR was a solid 3rd.  They posted the following on their fb page:

“Thank You everyone!  Voting for Moonshare.org ended at 12 pm ET today!  We hope to have the results by end of day tomorrow! You were all amazing over the 30 days to make this happen!“

Crossing my fingers!

Thanks to all who voted! It was great to see the BBQ community rally to vote here and on other BBQ forums.

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Crap...
    posted on OBRs fb page earlier today:

The votes are in and we want to thank all of our supporters for the effort to help us win one of the grants, however, we were informed by Sugarlands Distilling Company that after review of the votes, each group had several invalid email addresses. When removing the votes cast from the invalid email addresses, we fell out of the top 6 and were not awarded one of the $10,000 grants. This is disheartening to us and to those of you that did your part! THANK YOU so much for your efforts and support!

This sucks

Bay Area, CA
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well - That kinda sux - I'm  going to the Operation BBQ site now to donate.  Maybe someone with more history/credibility with this site will start a new thread to raise money for this cause.

- edited to remove drunken irrationality- 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lousubcap
    Options
    That does totally suck as you would have thought that their process could have sorted that out as the event played along.  What is really sad is that OBR's lead over the #6 vote-getter was at least a few thousand votes.  Hard to believe their results were that much more invalid.  
  • thetrim
    Options
    Putin's fault.  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Did you see anything on who did win?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Did you see anything on who did win?

Bay Area, CA
  • thetrim
    Options
    Thanks that's too bad.  At least they didn't mention how many of the fraudulent votes from egghead forum members that they couldn't count.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Thanks that's too bad.  At least they didn't mention how many of the fraudulent votes from egghead forum members that they couldn't count.
    DOH!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."