Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are your feelings on this Superbowl?

Hungry Joe
Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
edited January 2018 in EggHead Forum
Obviously being from The Philly area there is a lot of interest here.

Will you watch and who are you rooting for?

Go Birds! 

Comments

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Anyone but the Patriots! The game would be a lot more interesting if Wentz wasn't hurt. The Eagles defense could pull it off...but I'm not putting my money on it.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Not a Pats fan AT ALL! But have to respect their greatness.  Rooting for the Eagles, but feel like they will have to have 14+ lead in 4th qtr to win. 
    I just want to hit a couple of my squares and I’ll be happy!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Just hope it’s a competitive game.  I thinking will be.  All Pats Super Bowls have been great ones.  I’m not a fan of the Pats, but I respect greatly Brady and Bills greatness.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    edited January 2018
    Only Super Bowl I attended (Raiders fan here) was XV where the first wild card team torched the Eagles in New Orleans.  The make up of the crowd Saturday in the French Quarter and then Sunday post-game was quite different. BTW- even us commoners were invited to the post game party and yes the players were there and you could even talk with them.  How times have changed.  
    That said-Patriots for the win.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Will watch.....a lean to Philly as tired of the Pats. Want loose sleep over it regardless.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Anybody but the Patriots.
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Will tape and play later if want to watch.  Do not like commercials or taking a knee for anthem.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • Not a Pats fan, but cannot pull any team who's j@$#off fans hurl full beers at opposing fans. Philly is filled with miserable people and if my business travels never take me there again  I will be happy .
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Not a Pats fan, but cannot pull any team who's j@$#off fans hurl full beers at opposing fans. Philly is filled with miserable people and if my business travels never take me there again  I will be happy .
    You seem like a pretty upbeat guy.  I like that about you.
    Super Bowl??  I'll flush the Toilet Bowl~~
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Meh
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Hoping the Eagles come out on top.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Go Pats!!!

------

1 Large BGE

Boston, MA

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    edited January 2018
    need another patriots hat.  and f goodell for ruining football =)  not sure how anyone could root for the eagles :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Superbowl? I thought that the Orthopedic surgeons were going to be busy with a bunch of knee surgeries.  
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I haven’t watched American football in 5 years, don’t see any pressing need to start now.  I’ll check out commercials on YouTube; same with the halftime show if it gets good reviews.

There are much better ways to spend 4+ hours than watching oversized men in small pants spend around 15 minutes trying to injure and/or inflict permanent brain damage on each other.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Team Ruff all the way.  We are talking about the puppy bowl right?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Same as most years, good chance to hang out with friends, eat and drink well and laugh a bunch.
  • LFL.  The Countdown to Kickoff is ON!

https://lflus.com/
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • I hope for the sake of the Eagles fans that I know that this is something of a metaphor for how the weekend goes:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    people lookup commercials on youtube =)=)=) sorry, i had to say that out loud
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Acn said:

There are much better ways to spend 4+ hours than watching oversized men in small pants spend around 15 minutes trying to injure and/or inflict permanent brain damage on each other.
    Yep.....you got it.

We had Rams tickets until the late 90's and I once timed how much time they were actually in play / moving on the field.  We would leave home at 9:30'ish to catch a tour bus over there about 11am.  Game would start at noon and run through 3:00-3:30.  Bus would get back around 4:30, so we were home around 5:00.  So it was a 7.5 hr day and about $500 spent for the four of us to see them in-play for a total of SEVEN MINUTES.  I imagine some games are more, but this one was seven freakin minutes on a 60 minute "play" clock. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    This year it’s like asking yourself if you’d rather be hung or electrocuted. 
  • Watching this Super Bowl rates right along with a colonoscopy prep
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    Acn said:

Yep.....you got it.

We had Rams tickets until the late 90's and I once timed how much time they were actually in play / moving on the field.  We would leave home at 9:30'ish to catch a tour bus over there about 11am.  Game would start at noon and run through 3:00-3:30.  Bus would get back around 4:30, so we were home around 5:00.  So it was a 7.5 hr day and about $500 spent for the four of us to see them in-play for a total of SEVEN MINUTES.  I imagine some games are more, but this one was seven freakin minutes on a 60 minute "play" clock. 
    That seven minutes was a helluva lot better that watching paint dry aka baseball.