Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the Perfect 2 Egg Combo?

2»

Comments

• GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 565
    I have an XL for brisket/buts/etc and chicken    then a weber for burgers/dogs/etc and using the used XL charcoal in webber it gets very hot for use with CI if want to.  For extra quick when tired I have a weber Q gasser
      If I bought anything else lt would be something to smoke more than my XL would do such as a large pellet smoker with controller to use when have guests for large eating events. Second egg would be nice and probably a large or medium but not what I would want next or use the most.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    I have an XL and a Small. Would really like to swap the small for a medium.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I have 2 large and a KJ Jr. Really want an XL 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    I only have an XL but if and when I were to purchase another, it would be a medium.

XL BGE
    MD
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    boatcapt said:
    Well, I pulled the trigger yesterday on the XL.  I also bought a Challenger table to go with it.  That purchase is going to keep me up at night for a while! lol  Took some pics last night.  I’ll get some better ones today.
    Where bouts you located? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Another gamecock. Welcome 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • larryd
    larryd Posts: 121
    Things are better in three’s! XL, L and medium for me. Although they’re all not together on one patio.
  • boatcapt said:
    Well, I pulled the trigger yesterday on the XL.  I also bought a Challenger table to go with it.  That purchase is going to keep me up at night for a while! lol  Took some pics last night.  I’ll get some better ones today.
    Where bouts you located? 
    Summerville, SC.  Just outside of Charleston.
    Large Egg
    SS Smokeware Cap
    CGS Adjustable Rig
    CGS Spider
    Flame Boss 200
    Mini Max
    CGS Mini Max Woo
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    A large to go with my medium would be nice if Santa is listening.
  • northGAcock
    boatcapt said:
    boatcapt said:
    Where bouts you located? 
    Summerville, SC.  Just outside of Charleston.
    No it well....grew up in the SC Lowcountry myself. Welcome aboard. You do any SC baseball tailgating?

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    boatcapt said:
    I have a challenger table too. Love mine. It was expensive but the quality is excellent and I don't have to worry about replacing a wood table when the elements get to it.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Go to quite a few football games.  Only baseball games I catch are the games against the Citadel at Joe Riley.  Snapped a few daytime pics.
    Large Egg
    SS Smokeware Cap
    CGS Adjustable Rig
    CGS Spider
    Flame Boss 200
    Mini Max
    CGS Mini Max Woo
  • My favorite combo is the XL and medium. Because it’s my favorite, I’m right. Sorry for those that chose incorrectly. 
  • northGAcock
    Living large in the lowcountry! Nice set up.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Two Larges.  They cook the exact same, use the same amount of charcoal, and you can share the accessories.  Combined, they have more cooking area than a XL and you have true two zone cooking.  I feed my family of 6 on the large 90% of the time, I rarely fire up the xl.  But when I do, I could easily do the same cook on two larges.  Everybody is going to be different on the one, but two larges for me.
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    boatcapt said:
    Go to quite a few football games.  Only baseball games I catch are the games against the Citadel at Joe Riley.  Snapped a few daytime pics.
    Nice looking set up
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Large with a small