Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football

Options
13»

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Just saw a post that said Marcus Williams tackled Manti T’eo’s girlfriend.  

Thats a joke four years in the making. 

WHAT A GAME THOUGH!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Hawkeyes made the Cowboys flop like fish on the mat.  Great match up.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    NFL??... NFW!!!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Or how about this:
    What if you have a problem with both??......like 99.99999% of everyone who disagrees with the top picture.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Or how about this:
    What if you have a problem with both??......like 99.99999% of everyone who disagrees with the top picture.  

Then the meme wasn't targeted towards you.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Agreeing with the bottom picture and believing that it is an expression of free speech are two different things.
  • GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    The bottom picture is of morons expressing free speech.  The top picture is the same except the morons are employed and doing it on company time.  The employer has allowed the protest to taint their company image.  Too bad.
    Flint, Michigan
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    So are you trying to say the NFL players protesting for equality are worse than the neo-nazis demonstrating for inequality?
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited January 2018
    Options
    No.  I'm saying they shouldn't be allowed to do it on company time.  It irritates people who watch football (the customer).  They watch to escape from everyday political BS and turns them off.  Bad move by the NFL.
    Flint, Michigan
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    It only irritates those that want to be irritated. I watch very little NFL but it has nothing to do with the protests. Much ado about nothing. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

These are two very different groups - the nazi folks are simply evil.  The kneeling players are simply dim.

They might consider protecting the goose that laid their golden egg.  Each week they're making the wallets thinner of the people that pay their salaries.  Public protests at your place of business would seem like a poor choice for anyone.
    Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    edited January 2018
    Options

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I think football, and all other territorial domination games, are nothing more than a Neo Nazi Fascist metaphor for genocide via nuclear war.

These games should stop, immediately, the football fields plowed under to grow food for the less fortunate, and the facilities be given to those in need.

Unless, of course, my team is winning.
    Ron....you ain't right.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    The NFL is dead.
    Just pull the plug already.  
    Aints, Viqueens, Jagoffs, all that's missing is Detoilet and the Browns.....lame.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GrillSgt
    Options
    Nailed it guvnah. That’s why I watch very little. Not because of some misplaced anger. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    and the patriots fans are still watching football =)=)=)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    And all the cool kids watch soccer  ;););)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    There were some great games this past weekend. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    blasting said:

These are two very different groups - the nazi folks are simply evil.  The kneeling players are simply dim.

They might consider protecting the goose that laid their golden egg.  Each week they're making the wallets thinner of the people that pay their salaries.  Public protests at your place of business would seem like a poor choice for anyone.
    Looking ahead and thinking about consequences or benefits resulting in the future from current actions isnt part of their mindset.  People today are  are programmed to be only surface thinkers.   Our society has created an instant gratification mindset and a dont worry about thinking things through condition.  Only deal with whats in front of you that fits the narrative...