Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monsoon rain

Options
bucky925
bucky925 Posts: 2,029
edited January 2018 in EggHead Forum
It has been raining all day so I did a indoor cook.  Stuffed pork chops with apples, provolone cheese and raisins, accompanied by cream potatoes, gravy and black eyed peas.   I didn't get any complaints.  Mrs. bucky even volunteered to clean up.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    Would u share the gravy recipe? It all looks great ...but  wow , that gravy!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    @tml1230  Just what my Mom and Dad taught me.  Fry whatever pour off any excess grease but keep some in the pan.  Over low heat add enough flour to soak up the grease, stir it around, then add one part milk a two parts water.   Bring it up to a very slow boil stiring. Salt & pepper to taste.  Easy Peasy. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Nice meal Bucky... and that gravy!!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    Bucky, many thanks...breakfast gravy Sunday morning! Also that is one fine dog!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !