Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stay at home kinda night

Picked up 10 Wagyu sirloins from SRF during their BOGO sale, will do 2 at a time for me and the wife over the next few months. We had a low 20s cold snap in Austin last week, it actually snowed a bit twice in Dec. Almost impossible to ruin these beauties, they are so freakin' tender to start. Salt, pepper, and a bit of Hard Core Carnivore Black. Wife did the taters in the InstantPot, and the pooch got a few small bites.

LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
Austin, TX

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Looks like a great night! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Looks great! How were the InstaPot Taters.  We have one and have done rice, Mac n cheese, and that’s about it.    Nice work!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Thanks, and the taters were great. 10 minutes saute with butter and seasonings, 7 minutes cook on high, and 10 minutes natural release. Tasted the same as doing them in the oven. 
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Those look great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• @Chubbs Ha! Me too...
    Austin, TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Great looking result right there.  Nailed 'em.
    I am a big fan of SRF briskets but only venture down the steak aisle when on a good sale.  And you are definitely right with their texture.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.