Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Accessory sites...

Options
Looking for a few sites that sell good egg accessories.  Need some gift ideas and I have alot of the thermaworks stuff so looking for something different than that.  Thanks!

Comments

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    ^^^^ yup
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    kickashbasket.com
    smokeware.com
    ceramicgrillstore.com
    mojobricks.com
    flameboss.com
    dizzypigbbq.com
    code3spices.com
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kickashbasket.com
    smokeware.com
    ceramicgrillstore.com
    mojobricks.com
    flameboss.com
    dizzypigbbq.com
    code3spices.com
    Certainly are a lot of places to buy things online these days.  Then Amazon for everything else.  Gotta be tough to work in retail these days.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    I've been on this site a year and on other smoker sites for years and have never heard of mojobricks. Looks interesting. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - for several years now I have tried to sort out "normal working hours."  Taken vacation days mid-week November and since the "every day is Saturday" routine gotten even more creative for the one or two Xmas gift items I need to buy at a brick and mortar store.  I can't explain the crowds (or at least cars in the parking lots) on every trip.  
    I have now committed to buying everything on-line.  The retail hassle is not worth it.  If I can't find it-too bad!
    Given the increase in ease of the on-line shopping I have concluded that the allure of "just being there in the moment" is a Venus/Mars thing that I will never understand.
    With daughters you are destined for some serious education... :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - for several years now I have tried to sort out "normal working hours."  Taken vacation days mid-week November and since the "every day is Saturday" routine gotten even more creative for the one or two Xmas gift items I need to buy at a brick and mortar store.  I can't explain the crowds (or at least cars in the parking lots) on every trip.  
    I have now committed to buying everything on-line.  The retail hassle is not worth it.  If I can't find it-too bad!
    Given the increase in ease of the on-line shopping I have concluded that the allure of "just being there in the moment" is a Venus/Mars thing that I will never understand.
    With daughters you are destined for some serious education... :)
    I’m pretty much with you at this point.  Amazon prime has seriously spoiled me.

I was trying to find smoked paprika online recently.  Went to Penzey’s site - big goose egg. Go on Amazon - fifty different varieties! Crazy.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - next time you may have better luck if you go with "bourbon smoked paprika".  It's everywhere around here.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I was trying to find smoked paprika online recently.  Went to Penzey’s site - big goose egg. Go on Amazon - fifty different varieties! Crazy.
    I'm surprised Penzey's didn't have smoked paprika (and I'm out too).  :confused:
    I still try to order from alternate suppliers other than Amazoid, such as Penzey's, Crutchfield, McMaster's, Wunderlich, etc as history tells us what monopolies eventually end up doing.  I'll also pay a bit extra (plus taxes) at a brick-n-mortar if they allow me to try something out hand's-on, like a kitchen knife or a pair of shoes.  
    But I know I'm in the minority, and wish I'd bought stock in UPS when they went IPO 15 years ago or so.   :|

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Once upon a time, I managed a retail store.  The industry has been dying for a while.

It was actually mind boggling at times. We sold electronics and people would come in, demo the product and tell us “thanks, I’ll order this online” and leave.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm surprised Penzey's didn't have smoked paprika (and I'm out too).  :confused:
    I still try to order from alternate suppliers other than Amazoid, such as Penzey's, Crutchfield, McMaster's, Wunderlich, etc as history tells us what monopolies eventually end up doing.  I'll also pay a bit extra (plus taxes) at a brick-n-mortar if they allow me to try something out hand's-on, like a kitchen knife or a pair of shoes.  
    But I know I'm in the minority, and wish I'd bought stock in UPS when they went IPO 15 years ago or so.   :|

I was surprised too.  I figured if anyone had it, they would.  Nope.  

And I’m with you on trying other sites before Amazon too.  I’d much rather support the “Mom and Pop” sites directly.  I don’t mind paying a little more.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I'm here to tell ya that I really support the local adult beverage stores and local retailers outside of the November-December shopping season.  Likely the most on-line $$ I spend are with SRF, hands-down.  Sometimes you can't find it locally.  
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Smoked paprika...
    http://www.espicemill.com/Paprika-Sweet-Smoked-4-oz_p_247.html

The Spice Mill. Mom and Pop store about 6-8 miles from me. No idea what shipping costs. They have way more stuff than is on their web site, so, ask em if you can't find it.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Thomasc18
    Thomasc18 Posts: 197
    Options
    Who all here have used monobricks?  Are they worth it?  Or about the same as the rest?
    Madison, AL