Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Day BGE Feast

Options
It was cold and windy here yesterday - a perfect time to spend some bonding time with my Egg.  :)

Grilled scallops dusted with DP Tsunami Spin, grilled asparagus, roasted new potatoes, grilled tenderloin end served with a home made chimmichurri, a steamed lobster tail with drawn butter, and a romaine salad tossed with EVOO, Parmesan cheese and micro-planed garlic. It was a great way to cap off Christmas.  =) 

South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Dude.  That's what royals eat on holidays.  Well done.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Excellent looking.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    A little bit of everything makes a whole lot of wonderful.  This looks great!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Thanks, all!  =)

It was a lot of trips back and forth to get it all cooked on a single BGE. I put my Cambro in the house (bitter cold last night) to hold everything until it was all done. 

Now, to plan for the New Years Eve feast.....
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Beautiful looking meal right there.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Great cook and effort to pull it off.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Beautiful work in the elements, biggest advantage of the BGE IMO.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SmokingPiney
    Options
    Focker said:
    Beautiful work in the elements, biggest advantage of the BGE IMO.
    Thanks!

I agree and was thinking about this while I was cooking last evening. The versatility shined - I cooked everything but the lobster tails on the Egg. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Very nice lookin meal. I’d sit down to that any day, any meal.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Great meal.  Now that's eating good!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks great! Nice job Piney
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA