Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatty and drums on Woo Extender

Options
First cook on my new Woo Extender.  

Stuck a Jimmy Dean Sage into a 1 gallon Ziploc

Rolled it flat

Put down some slices of some smoked pepper jack cheese that I cold smoked a couple of weeks ago, some leftover pulled pork, more cheese and a little bbq sauce

Rolled the sides and ends together and sealed it up

Wrapped my frogmat around it and secured with some food safe silicone bands and placed it on the top of the Woo Extender along with some drumsticks and some Applewood smoke

At the half way point, freed the fatty from the wrap and flipped it over and slid the D grid back to flip the drums on the first level

At the finish of the cook (about an hour)

It was a decent dinner and nice first cook on the PS Woo Extender.  Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Biscuits. Why don't  I see any biscuits?? :) Gotta have biscuits if there's a fatty on the menu. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Nicely done sir! :)
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    caliking said:
    Biscuits. Why don't  I see any biscuits?? :) Gotta have biscuits if there's a fatty on the menu. 
    Hmm, biscuits sound great. I just might run to the store and pick up the ingredients for this!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    caliking said:

FTFY - Buttermilk biscuits on the Small Egg:

Better late than never. =)

Bay Area, CA
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Perfect!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Nice brother!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Great cook and results right there.  That fatty is a banquet in itself.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited December 2017
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    caliking said:

FTFY - Buttermilk biscuits on the Small Egg:

Better late than never. =)
    Hot biscuit + slice of fatty + dollop of honey= heaven :)

My favorite way to chow down on a fatty.  

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Outstanding!!!