Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: good news

Today my blue jeans nearly fell off while I was pumping gas. I happened to be across the street from Walmart so I went to buy a pair smaller. I picked up a pair two inches smaller and said what the heck, so I also got a pair 4 inches smaller. The smaller ones fit! That is 4 inches smaller in 14 months. The last time I wore jeans that size was ten years ago. Back to the gym tomorrow.

Comments

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Congrats!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    EXCELLENT!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Well done, sir!
    Stillwater, MN
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Nicely done! :clap:
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  •  :o 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Belt. 
    And suspenders. Congrats @Gulfcoastguy - it's a great accomplishment.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • New Wranglers at Wally World aren't too pricey. As for belts, the current one was bought to match the pants that are 4 inches too big.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    If I loose another inch or 2, I'll have to buy my britches in the kids department.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    you could of saved yourself 14 months of hard work if you just bought your jeans 4 inches larger a year ago =) good work
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wonderful news! Keep up the good work. 
  • you could of saved yourself 14 months of hard work if you just bought your jeans 4 inches larger a year ago =) good work
    Let’s just say there were medical issues.
  • Wonderful news! Keep up the good work. 
    Thanks Blue. It is time for you to post an Egg cook. Maybe your pork pie? 
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    @Gulfcoastguy , you need not worry, what you lost, I found and will take care of it.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Tell us your secrets ....I'm eating less and gaining more. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Good job brother. Weight loss is more straightforward than some imagine. It's all about calories taken in and calories expended. There are, of course, factors that bear some influence, such as weight and metabolism, but in its simplest form, weight loss is about not consuming more calories than you can burn. Most of us simply do not realize how many we consume. Become aware of your calorie consumption and expenditure, and you can achieve your desired weight. 
  • Bucky my trick such as it was, started with my Doctor taking me off of Actos . It controlled my blood sugar but caused me to gain weight. Then exercise. At a minimum I walk the dog for a mile and a quarter daily. At least 3 times a week I spend over an hour in the gym. At buffets I take one plate when it is empty I drink a full glass of unsweetened tea beforeI decide if I want anything else. Salads, soups, and beans are my friends. Foods that are breaded and fried or are white are not my friends. Desserts are strictly for birthdays. No more than two drinks in a day and not every day. Learn to Egg turkey, chicken, fish, pork loin or tenderloin rather than bacon wrapped lard. Get a table of the glucose equivalence of all foods. Eat a raw apple before bed. Avoid fruit juices. Avoid corn syrup. Finally develop a genetically linked blood lipid disorder that can only be controlled by weight loss. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Except for the excercise, I have cut all sodas and sweets.  I no longer crave them anymore.  Being in the south we still drink a little sweet tea, however we have cut the sugar each week until it was acceptable and I still only drink maybe 2 glasses a week. We (my wife and I) should really walk more.  She has fibro and they can't figure what the hell is causing my systoms.  As for drinks, I rarly drink beer but I do enjoy a cocktail or 3 before dinner, well except when I grill, then all bets are off  =)    I  am up to 210#  maybe not  really over  weight  but  heavier than I have ever been in my life. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Well it is easier to control it early than to try to reverse it later. Fibromyalgia is tricky. Exercise is pretty essential to weight loss. As to diet look up glycemic index on line and add fiber from vegetables, fruits, and legumes to your diet. Avoid aspartame and Splenda.