Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JoeTISSERIE

Options

Comments

• JNJGoeders
    Options
    Hmmm... maybe I will get the ribolator for my bday in Feb and try it out :-) I gotta pace myself or my husband will suspend my allowance, LOL!
    Iowa, 1 BGEXL, 1BGEMiniMax, a truck, a camper and some horses and atvs :D Let's play!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I like new toys.  That said, not sure I'm seeing this as a game changing must have.

Phoenix 
  • JNJGoeders
    Options
    @blasting the jotisserie or the ribolator?
    Iowa, 1 BGEXL, 1BGEMiniMax, a truck, a camper and some horses and atvs :D Let's play!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Can you boil water with it?

Ummm, no.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Just making sure you're paying attention...  =)
    Options
    Plus it's a little slow here after the old guys passed out.
    Everyone knows you can’t boil water on an Egg, silly!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Everyone knows you can’t boil water on an Egg, silly!
    I'm still trying.  Gonna prove you smart guys wrong.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JNJGoeders
    JNJGoeders Posts: 90
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @nolaegghead LOL! I've boiled water in a stainless steel pot on my egg...I actually canned pickles in it, using my egg kitchen this fall. It was fun, & my house didn't smell like vinegar when I was done! 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Indeed, the egg is very versatile.  I have cured epoxy in it, cooked all kinds of animal, vegetable and mineral.  It will keep you warm in the winter, generate delicious meat smoke to blow in to the vegetarian neighbor's yard, provide light in the darkness, and even cremate small pets that have passed. (ok, I draw a line on that last feature). 

And it will can pickles and boil water.  hizzah!
    Options
    What are the vent settings for boiling water, and curing epoxy?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thanks @SciAggie, will do. Rotisserie chicken makes the best chicken salad you will ever eat. @JNJGoeders, I have used a rotisserie of some sort for years, so when one was available for the egg, I didn't hesitate. The egg environment really shines with this accessory.  @JohnInCarolina, do you have a recipe for that Joetisserie chili? Seems like a real challenge. 
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • blasting
    Options
    @Dredger Joetisserie chili, this cracked me up.

I hope this thread has legs

Phoenix 
  • blasting
    Options
    Indeed, the egg is very versatile.  I have cured epoxy in it, cooked all kinds of animal, vegetable and mineral.  It will keep you warm in the winter, generate delicious meat smoke to blow in to the vegetarian neighbor's yard, provide light in the darkness, and even cremate small pets that have passed. (ok, I draw a line on that last feature). 

Wasn't it Mickey who cremated a chicken?

Phoenix 
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    blasting said:

OMG! Those were pet chickens???
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    All this talk made me break out my Joetisserie.

Question, I had the motor reverse directions - is this normal? I've used my 'Joe' many times, but have never seen this happen before.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I’d be more likely to buy a rotisserie attachment for my Weber kettle, kamados cook so evenly anyway. That being said I’m glad you’re having fun! And I am also enjoying the intermittent humor as @blasting acknowledged. :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • blasting
    Options
    blasting said:

I was referring to the picture of some severely overcooked (forgotten about) wings.

Phoenix 
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    @JNJGoeders I learned the hard way to really secure the meat.  Over Thanksgiving, my 1st 14 lb Turkey came loose and it just 'hung' breast side down while the joetisserie spins...  in my moment of panic, I tried to take it off holding only the motor and the bird nose-dived into the hot coals...

Luckily, I had a backup Turkey which I used 3 twines and tied it down with about 15 knots...  Finished the 1st bird in the oven but didn't serve that one.  The failed bird was dried as expected while the good one was juicy and tender.

I didn't take any pix so I guess it never happened...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• JNJGoeders
    Options
    I believe you that it happened, and I appreciate the advice on ultra securing the meat!
  • JNJGoeders
    Options
    I rarely post photos on here because I can't figure out how to do it directly from my phone. I have to email myself the photo and then upload it from my computer. It's a pain in the ass and I don't want to wait that long to eat!
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    All this talk made me break out my Joetisserie.

Question, I had the motor reverse directions - is this normal? I've used my 'Joe' many times, but have never seen this happen before.

That's never happened with my Joe and don't know how it could.  Are you sure you didn't put it on the Egg upside down?
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • OhioEgger
    Options
    Of course it reverses. Every time you stop the rotation, when you start it up again it spins in the other direction. That's the way it's designed.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I rarely post photos on here because I can't figure out how to do it directly from my phone. 

• JNJGoeders
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina thank you, I have tried that. It works in the forums, but when I want to post photos on my profile, it asks for the picture url. How do I do that?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina thank you, I have tried that. It works in the forums, but when I want to post photos on my profile, it asks for the picture url. How do I do that?
    Hmm.  You mean your profile pic?  You want to change that?
  • JNJGoeders
    Options
    No, I want to post pics of my cooks on my profile page.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    No, I want to post pics of my cooks on my profile page.
    Ah!  That you cannot do without a link, my fair lady.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    I guess you can post the pic, for example your egg kitchen, right click on the photo, 'copy image address' and paste it into your profile image url?  
    canuckland