Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

18,500 posts, 69 years old and 1st brisket

Options
2»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Was it worth the wait?
    No! Thought it was so hard, so long. Wished I had done this year's ago. 
    Better late than never!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Nicely done sir!! =)
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • gabriegger
    Options
    BOOM!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I’m shocked you have never cooked a brisket. Just seems like something that would have happened years ago!! 

The cook can be addicting! Because right when you think you have it all figured out one will throw you a curve ball!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I’m shocked you have never cooked a brisket. Just seems like something that would have happened years ago!! 

The cook can be addicting! Because right when you think you have it all figured out one will throw you a curve ball!
    I fully believe that going thePrime brisket cured several screw ups i made. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

I honestly cannot believe you've never cooked a brisket before now. Shocked. Utterly shocked.

BTW...think of you every time we pass through Salado. Gonna pass by your way next Tuesday. Glad that stretch of the highway is finished at last.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    First brisket and you went raised direct instead of indirect? Nice
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    with the price of briskets down there you should be banging you're head =) about time
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    @Mickey Looks awesome. Congratulation on 18,500 +. What I find truly amazing is your 69, live in Texas and this is your first.    

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    six_egg said:
    @Mickey Looks awesome. Congratulation on 18,500 +. What I find truly amazing is your 69, live in Texas and this is your first.    
    Thats what she said!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Rookie

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    Rookie
    You are so right.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Options
    And young too. Very few posts though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    And young too. Very few posts though
    You can stop now. You will always have a room at my house when in the Central Texas area. 

• Driller
    Options
    That is one huge piece of meat.
    Weber Gas,  Large Big Green Egg, Mini Green Egg 

I am going to gain way too much weight now that I have a LBGE.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Mickey Can you give a description of your turbo process for a brisket?  I have always used your other methods.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Driller said:
    That is one huge piece of meat.
    Mickey went 69 years without ever hearing that.  Now he'll never stop cooking brisket.  He'll cook it so much he'll have hair on is palms.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX