Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky's on! (Or, Whatcha Cookin?)

Rich G
Rich G Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone else doing some Sunday am cooking?? I've got about 5 lbs of jerky going at about 180. Have another batch to go on when this one is done. Will do some ribs today, too.[p]Lazy Sunday q'in, watching some football, and probably getting a few honey-do's done.[p]Enjoy, all![p]Rich

Comments

• Rich G,
    Got a 7 1/2 lb butt on at 200F on extended grid in large direct, smoke is jack daniel's pellets. This has been curing for 9 days at 40F and is hopefully buckboard bacon for breakfast tomorrow. Thank you thirdeye!! Reminds me to mix a cool one later today. Evening meal is 5# chix tenderloins, have not decided to do satay indonesian, orange juice soaked or kabobs. Hope everyone is having fun!

• 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Rich G,
    I have a big pot of chili on.Put it on about 10 for lunch at noon. I just sampled it and WOW! I used some left over brisket and some chuck roast and all kinds of seasonings I am kinda pick and dump guy couldn't tell anyone how much of anything just onions, peppers, celery and garlic. It's on direct with a fire brick on the cast grid in a big stone bowl at 300 with some hickory wood for smoke. Also have some pulled pork for some sandwiches. Good cookin
    Gerry

• fonchik
    fonchik Posts: 92
    I put on 2 4.5 pork butts at 7 this morning. This is my first pulled pork attempt since I got my Large BGE 4 weeks ago. Have friends coming over for dinner with the plan to eat about 630.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Rich G,[p]A rack of BB's for our dinner, some pork shanks for soup later in the week and a load of fatties for the boys at work tomorrow is on my schedule. Maybe some wings for snacks.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Canadian Thanksgiving here, so I have a 21 pound stuffed turkey on and for lunch I did rack of lamb on the other egg. Mainly for all the people stopping by who smell the turkey. Tomorrow I do a second turkey for my wifes side of the family so a full long weekend for the eggs.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Rich G,
    Italian bread, cornflake crusted chicken, and sweet corn. -RP

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    fattie1.jpg
    <p />Rich G,
    This is before a healthy dosing of Raging River and apple wood. Ah, the good ole grocery store days. Used to make them every Saturday morning.[p]Mike

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Car Wash Mike,
    Very cool, I'm planning on making a few fatties in Atlanta. Maybe I can get you to stop by and sculpt one for me. Looking forward to meeting you.
    Bob

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Rich[p]I've got a couple slabs of spares on right now. They are monsters, so I hope they will be done in time for dinner!
  • Car Wash Mike,[p]Mind showing us what the cooked one looks like? :) Maybe you can stick some cherry tomatoes in for eyes...[p]Waruwaru