Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Chili Win!!

Options
Our Expressway Authority here in Orlando held its annual Chili-Cook off competition, employees and consultants were invited to compete (I'm on the consultant side). I decided to try @EggObsessed recipe for Smoked Brisket Chili. I went to my local butcher and had him cut me off a point, around 7LBS, and smoked it with Meat Church Holy Cow at 250 for about 14 hours. After a FTC for 3 hours I chopped the entire point up and proceeded to make the chili, followed the instructions to a tee. I even got Penderrys Chili Powder.

At the competition there was around 25 people competing under 4 different categories: Traditional, White, Unique, and Spicy. I entered the Unique category and at the end I didn't win my division. After all 4 categories winners were announced they announced the Overall Winner...and I won!!! First ever Chili Comp Ive entered. Again thank you @EggObsessed.
O-Town, FL

Comments