Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chuck Ribs and Pots DeCreme

Options
Beef chuck ribs cooked indirect at 275 for about 6 hours until probe tender and internal temp around 210. Pulled the membrane off the back and rubbed then back into the fridge for 12 hours.  Smoked with hickory and Used my last bag of Ozark Oak. For dessert we Tried 3 different pots de creme recipes.  White Chocolate Pumpkin, Dark Chocolate Godiva and Salted Carmel. Chocolate was @JohnInCarolina recipe. The Carmel one was from sousweed site but didn’t setup so not sure if it needs more egg yolks or of I messed it up somehow. Cooked all three pretty much the same. Always tuff to beat Chocolate but the Carmel flavor was amazing even though a little runny. The WCP was my personal favorite but I’m kind of a pumpkin nut. Pictures in no particular order!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Mother of God. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Nice find on the chuck ribs. Everything looks awesome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Damn Nice Meal in your household tonight!   Much better than the LO burger I ate.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    Can you share the WCP recipe?
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    @Navymom this is from sift and whisk.com

5oz white chocolate
    8 Large egg yolks 
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/4 tsp cinnamon 
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/8 tsp ginger
    1/8 tsp cloves
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1 Cup Heavy Cream
    2/3 whole milk
    1/2 cup pumpkin purée 

Place chopped chocolate in a larger heat safe bowl. Place a fine mesh sieve over the bowl. 

In a large saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, spices and salt until mixed about 2 min. Add cream, milk and pumpkin purée to the saucepan and whisk together. Place saucepan over medium heat and cook until mixture reaches 175.

Pour custard through a fine fine mesh sieve over chocolate. Let it rest 5 min then whisk until smooth. 

Fill 4oz mason jars and finger tight lids. Put into 180 degree Sous Vide water bath. Go slowly otherwise jars will break. (Don’t ask how I know this). Cook for 90 minuets, remove and move to the refrigerator for 3-4 hours minimum. To sever open jars and place a shot of ready whip and enjoy 1 or 2. 

NW IA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options

Mother of God. 
    They are dangerously delicious  and stupid easy to make. Thanks for the inspiration! 

NW IA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Thanks, Costco on a Saturday they have displays setup.  Still trying to find someone that sells plate ribs. The chucks are really fatty! Next time I’m in the Cities I may have to try restaurant depot and see if they have them. 

NW IA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Damn Nice Meal in your household tonight!   Much better than the LO burger I ate.  
    Thanks it was good and wife couldn’t wait til dessert. 

NW IA

• Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    @Navymom this is from sift and whisk.com

5oz white chocolate
    8 Large egg yolks 
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/4 tsp cinnamon 
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/8 tsp ginger
    1/8 tsp cloves
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1 Cup Heavy Cream
    2/3 whole milk
    1/2 cup pumpkin purée 

Place chopped chocolate in a larger heat safe bowl. Place a fine mesh sieve over the bowl. 

In a large saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, spices and salt until mixed about 2 min. Add cream, milk and pumpkin purée to the saucepan and whisk together. Place saucepan over medium heat and cook until mixture reaches 175.

Pour custard through a fine fine mesh sieve over chocolate. Let it rest 5 min then whisk until smooth. 

Fill 4oz mason jars and finger tight lids. Put into 180 degree Sous Vide water bath. Go slowly otherwise jars will break. (Don’t ask how I know this). Cook for 90 minuets, remove and move to the refrigerator for 3-4 hours minimum. To sever open jars and place a shot of ready whip and enjoy 1 or 2. 
    Thank you! Making my shopping list now.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Thanks, Costco on a Saturday they have displays setup.  Still trying to find someone that sells plate ribs. The chucks are really fatty! Next time I’m in the Cities I may have to try restaurant depot and see if they have them. 
    Restaurant Depot always seems to have plate ribs and chuck short ribs (with and without bones) at the ones near me.  Your ribs looked great.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Shiff said:
    WeberWho said:
    Restaurant Depot always seems to have plate ribs and chuck short ribs (with and without bones) at the ones near me.  Your ribs looked great.
    Thanks, I’ll have to stop at depot next time

NW IA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Bravo!
    Thanks!

NW IA