Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egg, new table. I am in love!

Options
Hello all! I'm new to the forum. I just purchased my new LBGE last Friday and am very impressed! I also have owned a Weber Smokey Mountain for the last 3 years so the BGE is kind of intuitive in use. So far in the last week I've done burgers, pork chops, pizza, cookies and as I type, lamb chops. Planning for a couple rib racks and chicken on Saturday! 

So my old gasser grill finally bit the bullet and the BGE was the only option for us as we love to cook, smoke, grill....you name it. I did go out and buy a nice Weber Q2200 for that instant grilling satisfaction when running short on time and I built my pretty simple table around these 2 new purchases. The result was a deeper than normal shelf ton accomidate storage of the Q and 20 gallon tank. I made a stone for the table to get the right egg height in conjunction with the table nest. I have yet to add any hardware to my table but plan to do so soon. I also found a very nicely priced cover from the cover store to protect my investment. It was about 1/3 the quoted price from two custom makers. Not the prettiest but quality is top notch and it gets the job done. I got a little extra cash to spend on accessories. All in all I am extremely satisfied with my new egg so far. Looking forward to hanging out and getting to know my egg better through different experiences here. :)

Comments