Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurry hurry and place your orders....

Options
2»

Comments

• SoCal_Griller
    Options
    Will we be able to get Rockwoood shipped to California?
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
     B) Burn it?  I was going to filter my mescal through it. 
    Seriously, that will be great, getting real tired of royal oak!
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options

Yes, starting in late October / early November.  Just PLEASE make sure you don't burn it!!!  We will have a special warning on the bag and website to make sure you understand how bad you can die from burning charcoal (while in the state of California.)  :o

All kidding aside, thanks for your patience.
    I recently heard the sear marks on meat cause cancer....
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    feef706 said:

Yes, starting in late October / early November.  Just PLEASE make sure you don't burn it!!!  We will have a special warning on the bag and website to make sure you understand how bad you can die from burning charcoal (while in the state of California.)  :o

I might be misinformed - I had heard all Californians vegitarians?

JK, my CA friends.  no need to get your yoga pants in a twist.

Phoenix 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    blasting said:
    feef706 said:

Better than your Depends, which are quite common in Arizona.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    blasting said:
    feef706 said:

Yes, but not all yoga pants are created equal!!!
  • blasting
    Options
    blasting said:
    feef706 said:

@Eggcelsior  True, now those that combine the yoga pants and depends ... now that's hot

Phoenix 
  • kjs
    kjs Posts: 111
    Options
    My local "Ace" was a Mom and Pop shop for many years, still looks like one too, they told me they don't accept Ace Rewards. Huh? The sign says ACE and so does my receipt. 
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    OK, so you all have me wanting to try this Rockwood. The thing I love about my RO from Home Depot is that they don't take it off of the pallet, so it's usually in pretty good shape. My concern with RW would be the handling of it to get it to the friendly hardware folks. 

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• The_Canuck
    Options
    If it can withstand the handling process of UPS I am sure it will be fine from Ace. Which reminds me I need to go pick up my bags. 
    Large BGE - Thanks Knob Creek

Louisville, KY
  • blasting
    Options

fyi - Ordered 6 bags to tide me over until the Ace stores are all up and running.  Order went through fine - no back order.

Phoenix 
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Ordered today as well with no backorder notification.  Will post again once I have either shipment confirmation or delivery.  Thanks for letting us know @The_Canuck
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    kjs said:
    My local "Ace" was a Mom and Pop shop for many years, still looks like one too, they told me they don't accept Ace Rewards. Huh? The sign says ACE and so does my receipt. 
    I worked for local ace store for 7 years during high school and college.  It was the same way.  Actually owned by a coop.  Had tons of different venders and sold a large variety of things not common for ace.  But the sign said ace. Receipts said ace.  On paper it was ace hardware but on a lot of things wasn't ace hardware.  If that makes sense 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Rte1985 said:
    kjs said:
    I worked for local ace store for 7 years during high school and college.  It was the same way.  Actually owned by a coop.  Had tons of different venders and sold a large variety of things not common for ace.  But the sign said ace. Receipts said ace.  On paper it was ace hardware but on a lot of things wasn't ace hardware.  If that makes sense 

You buy into the franchise, you most likely agree that you will participate in their rewards program and whatever else comes down the pipe.  Doesn't matter if it's individually owned, co-op owned, company/chain, or owned by Ace Corp (Westlake chain).  I have no idea if that's the case, just wondering.

Ace Hardware owns Emery-Jensen which stocks THOUSANDS of hardware stores across the country, none of which say Ace Hardware on the marque.  So, you can access to everything Ace has, but you're not an Ace.  There are even grocery stores that have an "Ace" inside of them, and others that have hardware aisles restocked by Ace (but no Ace branding).

Sounds like these folks just don't want to mess with it......which sucks for the customers.
  • orbbq
    orbbq Posts: 39
    Options
    I tried to place my quarterly order for rockwood at firecraft today, and it wouldn't let me add it to the cart this morning then showed up discontinued after lunch.... Emailed and found out they are no longer stocking.  bummer. 

I did find that Grilla Grills has it for $24.99/bag with free shipping on orders over $49.  I gave them a try this time to tide me over.  I hope STL starts shipping bags direct and hope they are able to do it reasonably priced... There are no good sources for decent lump around these parts in brick and mortar.
    BGE XL in the Pacific NW
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    orbbq said:
    I tried to place my quarterly order for rockwood at firecraft today, and it wouldn't let me add it to the cart this morning then showed up discontinued after lunch.... Emailed and found out they are no longer stocking.  bummer. 

I did find that Grilla Grills has it for $24.99/bag with free shipping on orders over $49.  I gave them a try this time to tide me over.  I hope STL starts shipping bags direct and hope they are able to do it reasonably priced... There are no good sources for decent lump around these parts in brick and mortar.

It's gonna be higher than that.....I know that just looking at what the rates are going to be.

Any Ace WA or OR can order it from their warehouse near Seattle.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    orbbq said:

If you have a Costco in your area keep an eye on this Roadshow schedule - https://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html

You can get bags of KJ Big Block charcoal at those for an excellent price ($22 for a 30# bag if memory serves). It's good stuff. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Thomasc18
    Options
    Not good...  missed roadshow for Costco. Ended 09/03. How disappointing. 
    Madison, AL
  • Rte1985
    Options
    Just got a confirmation on my shipment. Keep me going until I find a secondary means for getting some rockwood
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Final Firecraft Rockwood order on it's way.  Scheduled for delivery on 9/21.  Thanks again for @The_Canuck 's heads-up.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Just called about my reserved bags.  They said they have them and that they are the last bags in the warehouse. He even put me on hold to go and make sure they actually have them and he said they did. Hope they are still there when I go after work. 
    Might send my wife earlier to go get them. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Rte1985
    Options

Last time these boxes b hitting the driveway
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    #firstworldproblems
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    Yep. Mine arrived yesterday.

XL BGE
    MD
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Arrived today-and with the shipping company's usual ineptitude: 2 boxes (6 bags) at the wrong house across and down the street.  BTW- the shipping address was correct.  Dolly to the rescue.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The_Canuck
    Options
    Mine arrived as well.  Had just finished mowing the lawn and saw FedEx show up.  Went out to the truck to help the guy and saw that there were a couple other "FireCraft" boxes back there.  Driver thought it was odd once I told him what it probably was, as he thought it was getting too late in the season to grill.

@lousubcap - wondering if I saw your boxes, or someone else.
    Large BGE - Thanks Knob Creek

Louisville, KY
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I would venture my neighbor's boxes that he didn't order...if I were betting, I would wager you coulda snagged mine with a line about how you would deliver them and he would have been fine with it.  ;)   Thanks for not tricking me out.