Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did I get a good deal?

I found this table for my big green egg on Craigslist. He said it was not a table that he built but one that was manufactured through BGE and he bought from a local dealer. I can not seem to find the same one I have to see if I got a good deal but figured I would ask y'all. I paid $100 for it. Any guess on how much it was new? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question. Only suggestion.... Put that Joker on a table nest. You'll thank me later. Enjoy :plus_one:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • I would say good deal, my egg dealer had someone building custom tables for more.  I would recommend to change out the cement block for some legs, there is heat transfer in that set up. 
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Nope, That's a bad deal, but since I am feeling helpful I'll give what you paid for it . . .    Put some nice big casters on it and it will be perfect...
    Large BGE  Houston TX
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Great looking table, definitely worth $100, considering material and time to build it.   I'll guess about $500 new. 
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Very good deal.  As stated above, air gap your egg above the stone.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • If that was manufactured through BGE I'll eat the table.  BUT, doesn't really matter, does it?  It's a nice table that will serve you well for a long time if you get some feet under the egg, as mentioned above.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Great deal
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    edited September 2017
    + 1 on whatever the total is on needing an air gap.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    Very good deal.  As stated above, air gap your egg above the stone.
    ?Thrilla_in_my_grilla?  Keeping the brother from burning his house down.  Why the "off topic?"
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    If that was manufactured through BGE I'll eat the table.  BUT, doesn't really matter, does it?  It's a nice table that will serve you well for a long time if you get some feet under the egg, as mentioned above.
    You may have to start chewing. I've seen many different varieties of wood tables over the years at the mothership and there have been some that look very similar to that one. 

As far as a deal goes, the only thing cheaper out there is a used nest on Craigslist. 
  • Well crap - I don't really like wood that much.  
  • EggNorth said:
    Great looking table, definitely worth $100, considering material and time to build it.   I'll guess about $500 new. 

I bought a GE Table when I bought my GBE 2 months ago is was $600 CDN.

OshawaDave

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Good deal. Get a table nest though.

Egg on stone, no air gap (like yours)... @FlaPoolman

Egg on three green feet, no stone @fishlessman...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    edited October 2017
    great deal, I am building one now and it would have been nice to get it all for $100, but do spend the $25 on the table nest, much safer. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• U got A SUPER DEAL , selling $1000.00 +. Get a Table Nest .