Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need some make-ahead breakfast ideas

Options
Got an outdoor event on Saturday - we're doing a potluck breakfast beforehand.  It's a bunch of competitive dudes and that includes BBQ/Grilling/Smoking... But - I need to make something Friday evening and have it ready to take on Saturday morning.  Don't really want to fire up the LBGE first thing Saturday, and then leave for the day...  So, whatchya got for me?
Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Breakfast of Champions...beer and chocolate chip cookies.  

But given that won't cut it, scramble up some eggs, mix with chorizo and habanero cheese then load up some split jalapeños, wrap with bacon (ABTs) .  Cook the day/night before then nuke 'em before the event.  All major food groups and a winner with big kids that play with Q toys.  FWIW-
    Edit:  pre-cook the chorizo; finish-line is when the bacon is done to your liking.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    we make breakfast burritos regularly. Something with a little more presentation may be to make a breakfast quiche or tart. Looks like that's what @lousubcap has described above.
    Pratt, KS
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    Smoke some fatties, bake biscuits, and assemble some breakfast sandwiches with fried eggs and cheese. Seriously the best breakfast sandwich you can put your hands on!

I like using Jimmy Dean Hot with some sweet rub on the outside.
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • sheetmetalpete
    Options
    Mini frittatas.  I use a mini muffin pan and make a variety of them.
    Glencoe, Minnesota
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

If you could get your hands on a Blackstone, you could be a rockstar.

Phoenix 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    @SSN686 Jay's sausage cheese bread roll always seems to be a hit.

Recipe
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=1025

Make ahead comment... http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/478062#Comment_478062

For pics, google ssn686 Sausage cheese bread roll

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @Focker did some burritos at our eggfest a couple years ago. He can offer advice as they were great. Also an egg casserole would be easy and delicious. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Monkey bread is an often overlooked delicacy 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lots of solid suggestions above.
    Cinnamon rolls.
    Coffee Cake.
    Muffins.
    Monkey Bread
    Maybe Jay's chocolate roll version posted by Q.

Egg night before.  No reheat or prep needed day of.

For holding purposes, or lack thereof, please be careful using eggs, pork.  What I would eat at room temp myself, at home, differs significantly from what I would be willing to serve a crowd, anywhere.  You don't want to be that guy.  The clock starts at transport in the morning.

Cake, rolls, muffins, monkey bread, etc, etc have been cooked harder than burritos or quiche (which are often reheated safely before serving).  Cured meat like bacon, ham, Canadian bacon, panchetta, prosciutto, is your friend too.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    scotch eggs, you can egg them at 550 night before and serve cold next day, not as good cold but still good.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Quiche or a good breakfast casserole- could be done in the oven. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    Options
    Smoke some fish.  Serve cold for breakfast.  
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Pig candy wouldnt suck, could hammer that any time of day.  Crushed pecans are a lovely addition, maybe another batch with a chocolate drizzle.  Dipped is too much IMO.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    All the perseveration!  Grilled lamb chops.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Quiche or a good breakfast casserole- could be done in the oven. 
    Agree.  This one can be made a day ahead.  

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Breakfast of Champions...beer and chocolate chip cookies.  

But given that won't cut it, scramble up some eggs, mix with chorizo and habanero cheese then load up some split jalapeños, wrap with bacon (ABTs) .  Cook the day/night before then nuke 'em before the event.  All major food groups and a winner with big kids that play with Q toys.  FWIW-
    Edit:  pre-cook the chorizo; finish-line is when the bacon is done to your liking.  
    Would the scrambled eggs over cook in the BGE?  I'm thinking of doing these
    tonight, only replacing the chorizo with some left over pulled pork....

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...