Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork tenderloin with coffee rub

Options
looking for a good recipe, anyone have one? Thanks eggheads!

Comments

• Ima_good_egg
    Options
    I found a great recipe for a coffee rub at gourmet sleuth.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    @Mickey coffee rub - Google it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited September 2017
    Options
    looking for a good recipe, anyone have one? Thanks eggheads!
    Are you in Astoria, OR? Have been there twice and love the town and area. Stayed both times at the hotel that sits out over the Columba River and the ships come right past your room. If you can't get the Ancho Chili Powder give me a call and will send you some. 254.630.8399   mjrawls@me.com

Coffee Rub         (turkey, chicken, beef & pork)

Equal part: Instant Expresso Ground coffee

Equal part: Brown Sugar

½ part: Black Pepper

½ part: Kosher Salt

½ part: Garlic Powder

¾ part: Ancho Chili Powder

Don't worry on exact, just close on measurement. I used to use turbinado sugar but we like with brown better. This is pulled from  MollyShark, Hungry Man, & Richard In Fl then tweaked. I find the ancho chili powder is far less expensive in the bulk spice area than the bottled area ( have used both light or dark version). I make it starting with a half cup  Instant Expresso Ground coffee  and work from there as it seems to store well if sealed. 

This is is what I use but any like it is fine. Fine ground is the trick. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GATraveller
    Options
    @Mickey - thanks for speaking up.
    @AstoriaEggHead - follow the recipe above and you will not be disappointed. Truth. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA