Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Red bean and cucumber salad.

Options
I made a really good side salad and enjoyed it so much that is all I had for lunch today. So, I guess that makes it an entree salad.
We tried this with thousand island dressing, ranch dressing and a vinaigrette dressing as well. My wife liked the thousand island and vinaigrette about equally, while I preferred the ranch. I have made this before using black beans, but tried red kidney beans this time. Next time I might use more beans, as the beans to cucumber and onion ratio seemed a little off.
Anyway, this was easy and very good if anyone would like to try it. I did not really measure stuff just chopped and put it in a bowl.
One can red kidney beans - drained
One large cucumber - chopped
Grape tomatoes cut in half
About 1/4 large Vidalia onion finely diced
Some diced pickled jalapeno peppers
Grated cheese
Black pepper to taste
Mix it all up in a bowl and serve dressing on the side. - So good!

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks good.  I'm looking for new cucumber recipes.  Mine are coming in plentiful and the matters are just starting to turn so I guess I will give it a shot.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Looks good.  I'm looking for new cucumber recipes.  Mine are coming in plentiful and the matters are just starting to turn so I guess I will give it a shot.
    This was kind of a strange combination, but it worked. I am doing the same thing, with an abundance of cucumbers and tomatoes I am looking for different ways to take advantage of nature's bounty.