Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Eggfest, looking for Egghead support

Hello 

Our local Big Green Egg dealer (BJ's Country Market) is having the first ever Eggfest in this area and we are looking for some Egghead support.  They have hooked up with a local archery business as the host and it's a beautiful spot for an Eggfest.  Just checking out the BGE dealer here is a wonderful experience as they have a great setup and store.  

Me and the boys from the North of the border smoking squad are looking forward to a fun day cooking on the eggs and sharing all that Big Green Egg has to offer with the community.  

They are looking for some cooks still as well as tasters. 

Here is a copy of the ad and contact info for the event should you be able to attend.  

Thanks in advance

Taster Ticket Prices are: 
1 -$40
2- $60
4- $100

As mentioned, they are still looking for some cooks as well to help make this event a success.  Any questions or interest in coming out, please use the contact info below.

Jordyn Scott
Bj's Country Market 
4 York Street, Delaware Ontario 
N0L 1E0 
Check out our website: www.bjscountrymarket.com 

Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

Comments

• Tell Brad we will be there. 
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Tell Brad we will be there. 
    Awesome, coming as a taster or cook?  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

• Probably just tasters as we want to take in the archery as well. 
  • Monty77
    Probably just tasters as we want to take in the archery as well. 
    Yeah, I plan on sneaking off at some point to try it out as well.  Cya there! 

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 900
    I'd love to come, especially since my own archery gear is made in Canada, but I'll be traveling that day. Maybe next year. Best of luck with the fest!
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Monty77
    OhioEgger said:
    I'd love to come, especially since my own archery gear is made in Canada, but I'll be traveling that day. Maybe next year. Best of luck with the fest!
    That would be great, safe travels!  

• Monty77
    If anyone is interested in attending or cooking, please contact Jordyn with the info listed above.  We would really like to get some more cooks out to share their Egg creations and enhance our first Eggfest.  I know the owners very well and they really want this to be a success and an ongoing event in the community.  They built an outdoor egg kitchen on the front of the store and every Friday they do egged apps and craft beers.  On Saturdays they cater private dinners on site with an all Egg menu for groups to try.  Brad the owner and in house butcher and has some top quality meats on site as well to make your mouth water.  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Sorry I'll be busy that weekend, have fun!
    canuckland
  • Monty77
    edited August 2017
    Sorry I'll be busy that weekend, have fun!
    Darn, I was planning on getting you on board had I seen you at Niagara Eggfest.  Too bad, you would have been a great addition to the event.  Maybe next year?

• Canugghead
    Thanks for the kind words, will try next year!
    canuckland
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    $40 for a taster ticket?! Wow! Hope the food's better than it was at the only fest I ever attended. I was so hungry by the time I left, I had to stop at Burger King on my way out of town!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Monty77
    $40 for a taster ticket?! Wow! Hope the food's better than it was at the only fest I ever attended. I was so hungry by the time I left, I had to stop at Burger King on my way out of town!
    $40 is for single ticket, $30 each if you got two people, or $25 each if you got four or more tasters.  I was at the Niagara last week and they were $40 as well, but they gave you a $25 gift card for the on site eggstore which was pretty cool.  Our group of four got me $100 bucks off a my purchases.  I know there is talk of a similar gift card in this ticket price, possibly for the store or meat counter?  Nothing finalized yet, I think they are waiting on numbers before they make the final call.  I left Eggtoberfest hungry cause there are so many people and not enough food samples... I guess it all depends on the size of the event and amount of cooks

• Canugghead
    edited August 2017
    Welcome to the Big Smoke, or The Six, or 'centre of the universe' ... aka Toronto.  It's not cheap to rent venues like these:
    http://www.polsonpier.com/
    https://www.evergreen.ca/get-involved/evergreen-brick-works/

Toronto eggfest this year was $40 early bird online, $50 later, $60 at the door. You're guaranteed to get stuffed though, this year was the busiest ever that I can remember and no one went home hungry. Want proof? this piggy was ready late in the afternoon, still at least one hour before closing I think, many visitors already left (gave up eating?) and those remaining were too full, look at the leftover!

canuckland
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Did 5 Salado EggFests (with lots of help from EggHeads). But we NEVER charged a dime to anyone for anything and still gave away lots of Eggs over the 5 years (about 15). We did not hold it on any dealers lot and everyone had lots of food to eat. I do not understand why you have to charge. Crap, the whole reason Egg is there is to sell Eggs. I was there for the before and after parties.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Monty77
    edited August 2017
    Mickey said:
    Did 5 Salado EggFests (with lots of help from EggHeads). But we NEVER charged a dime to anyone for anything and still gave away lots of Eggs over the 5 years (about 15). We did not hold it on any dealers lot and everyone had lots of food to eat. I do not understand why you have to charge. Crap, the whole reason Egg is there is to sell Eggs. I was there for the before and after parties.
    Sounds like fun and a great concept, the 12 I have been to now all over the place have all had a charge to attend.  Most have had pretty cool loot bags or gift cards that typically cover the admission charge. The admission price has never bothered me, its always a fun time.  Of course if you are a cook or volunteer the admission is free with some bonus swag as well.  I have cooked at two events to date and they have been quite generous and thankful. You are so true on the before and after parties, always a blast with fellow Eggheads! 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    $40 CAD is like $8 American 
  • Monty77
    edited August 2017
    @DoubleEgger   HA HA, You are not far off, as a cross border shopper I miss the even par days!  

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Monty77 said:
    if you are a cook or volunteer the admission is free with some bonus swag as well. 
    At $40 for a single ticket the cooks should get big bag.
    All the local Fests in this area that charge fees give back to a charity for the event.
    But the fees do keep out the freeloaders just looking for a free meal.
    As for @Mickey and the Salado Fest, Salado is far from your "average" city and not a reasonable comparison.
    I would not advise most Eggfests to open the event free to the public and subject the cooks to the madness...
    Years ago, the Kansas City Eggfest was open to the public, and it was a nightmare.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • @Monty77 - completely stumbled across this place on the way back today from Niagara. The littlest of the littles needed to stop right after we got through London. Took the next exit to go to a gas station. Low and behold right across the street I saw the sign. Needless to say we opted to check it out. That is a great setup they have. Should be a great place for the event. Cheers. 
    From the shores of Lake Michigan.  Grand Haven.
    Unsalted and Shark Free
    XL.  Woo Adjustable Rig Combo.  Flame Boss 300.
  • $40 for a taster ticket?! Wow! Hope the food's better than it was at the only fest I ever attended. I was so hungry by the time I left, I had to stop at Burger King on my way out of town!
    Man I like your posts and appreciate the help you've given me, but you can be one negative sonofagun. 

Little Rock, AR

• Monty77
    @Monty77 - completely stumbled across this place on the way back today from Niagara. The littlest of the littles needed to stop right after we got through London. Took the next exit to go to a gas station. Low and behold right across the street I saw the sign. Needless to say we opted to check it out. That is a great setup they have. Should be a great place for the event. Cheers. 
    So glad you stumbled across the store.  It is a very nice setup and they are doing a great job showing off all that is BGE.  How was your stay in Niagara on the Lake?  Any favourite wines discovered?  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    You should erect / tear down a statue. Your Egghead participation at the event would be huge.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Man I like your posts and appreciate the help you've given me, but you can be one negative sonofagun. 
    Yeah....even worse, he cooks his pizza in the kitchen oven. =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ChrisSonn23
    ChrisSonn23 Posts: 280
    edited August 2017
    We've put on 4 EggFests. $40 entry seems very high to me. We charge $10 per person or $25 for a family. Then we donate the proceeds to a local charity. I don't know how many people can justify spending $100 for a family of 4 to attend a BBQ event. Just my two cents
    BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Monty77 said:
    @Monty77 - completely stumbled across this place on the way back today from Niagara. The littlest of the littles needed to stop right after we got through London. Took the next exit to go to a gas station. Low and behold right across the street I saw the sign. Needless to say we opted to check it out. That is a great setup they have. Should be a great place for the event. Cheers. 
    So glad you stumbled across the store.  It is a very nice setup and they are doing a great job showing off all that is BGE.  How was your stay in Niagara on the Lake?  Any favourite wines discovered?  
    The stay was awesome. Should have extended it a couple days. Will definitely make it back up the way now that we know about it. The merlot from Strewn and Trius were both good. Did not make it to as many as we would have liked to. 
    From the shores of Lake Michigan.  Grand Haven.
    Unsalted and Shark Free
    XL.  Woo Adjustable Rig Combo.  Flame Boss 300.
  • Canugghead
    How was the fest?
    canuckland
  • Monty77
    How was the fest?
    We had an excellent day, weather was perfect.  I think just over 300 people came out for this event and the chef teams on site served up some good egged foods.  Our team had a blast and cooked up a huge amount of food for the crowds while giving instruction and cooking techniques.  I know the host and BGE dealer were very happy.  We cooked up corn bread, Canadian back bacon, coffee rubbed flank steaks, Triple Threat (pork tenderloin rolled around turkey sausage, bacon and stuffing, surrounded in more bacon), bacon wrapped onion rings, shrimp skewers, sausages, rib eye steaks, pulled pork pizzas, Mexican street corn, Franks red hot and butter meatballs, Venison tenderloin, and grilled watermelon. 

I attached a pic of the chefs and hosts from the Meat n Greet as well as me and my buddy Craig serving it up at the Eggfest, plus the triple threat... 

• Canugghead
    Wow, looks like a fun and successful fest right out of the gate! Thanks for sharing.
    canuckland