Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant recommendations for Nashville and Asheville? Rally Content.

Heading out on a road rally next week https://www.crownrally.com/ and will spending a few extra days in Nashville and Asheville.  Any restaurant recommendations?  We are flexible on cost and type of food.

For those that want to check out the feature film on the last rally we attended Crown Rally North.
https://youtu.be/TBhGK51Lquw 

Edina, MN

Comments

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Our rally beast. Sleeper! 
    Edina, MN

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Hattie B's in Nashville 
  • Budgeezer
    Hattie B's in Nashville 
    That's one is definitely on our hit list! 
    Edina, MN

• When we visited Asheville we stopped at Biscuit head for Breakfast and Asheville Brewing Company for pizza. Both were killer. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    You've gotta have hot chicken in Nashville, I personally like Prince's better than Hattie B's, but Hattie B's is closer to where you'll probably be in Nashville.  Husk is great, and I had a really good meal at Rolf and Daughters last time I was there.  Some folks I work with swear by The Catbird Seat, but I've never managed to get a seat on my trips.

Curate in Asheville is as good as any tapas I've had, and given where they are, the prices are much better than Jaleo, for instance.  Tupelo Honey does a really good breakfast/brunch/lunch service.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Loveless Cafe... Great food. Gift shop... Peach Rub fo sho 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2017
    When we visited Asheville we stopped at Biscuit head for Breakfast and Asheville Brewing Company for pizza. Both were killer. 
    Asheville Brewing Company - Try their Shiva and thank me later. 

Rubarb just off the square is good. If you like Italian there is a great family reasturant called Vinnie's Neighborhood Italian. For lunch 12 Bones has excellent ribs...and of course for breakfast lunch or dinner Tupalo Honey Cafe (go to the original downtown). 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    Budgeezer said:
    Hattie B's in Nashville 
    Princes is cash only if you head out that way. 
  • northGAcock
    Nashville....just returned and had great meals at Southern Steak and Oyster, Peg leg Porker and Merchants ( first floor). Good times.

• DoubleEgger
    Demos in Nashville is good for lunch. It's mostly locals. 
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    Two great cities.   Nashville - The Pharmacy and in Ashville - Tupelo Honey, The Admiral, White Duck Taco and dive head first into the great beers.  High Wire, Green Man and Burial and some of my favorites.    

Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Asheville - For Q,  Buxton Hall
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Acn said:
    You've gotta have hot chicken in Nashville, I personally like Prince's better than Hattie B's, but Hattie B's is closer to where you'll probably be in Nashville.  Husk is great, and I had a really good meal at Rolf and Daughters last time I was there.  Some folks I work with swear by The Catbird Seat, but I've never managed to get a seat on my trips.

Curate in Asheville is as good as any tapas I've had, and given where they are, the prices are much better than Jaleo, for instance.  Tupelo Honey does a really good breakfast/brunch/lunch service.
    x 2 on Husk & Prince's. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    MotownVol said:
    Two great cities.   Nashville - The Pharmacy and in Ashville - Tupelo Honey, The Admiral, White Duck Taco and dive head first into the great beers.  High Wire, Green Man and Burial and some of my favorites.    

+1 on The Pharmacy 
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I gotta hit the Siam Cafe anytime I am near Nashville.  Very good Thai food if your interested.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • northGAcock
    Forgot about this Nashville eatery. I did not myself, but somehow thought it might fit in this thread

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    MotownVol said:

2nd on Burial. Go for velvet paintings of Burt Reynolds, stay for the beer.
  • DeSano Pizza Bakery, Mas Tacos, Martin's BBQ.

Completely agree about hot chicken.  I've only been to Hattie B's, but really liked it.
    Indianapolis, IN
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    @Mattman3969  Please don't give away our secret places.  :)
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Lots of good Asheville recs above.  Curate is legit for sure.  I sent friends from Barcelona there who thought it was incredible.

All Souls Pizza is another place we love in Asheville.  Wood fired, gourmet pizza place with a decent beer selection.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    You might look at website eater.com for Nashville places - shows a lot of the new trendy places - I'm certainly neither new nor trendy but it'll give some ideas depending on where you'll be staying or want to venture.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    +1 for Hattie B's, just be prepared for the line (especially on a football weekend).  In Nashville also had a really good dinner at Prima.  Etch is always good.  Lots of fun places to explore, enjoy
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Flatfoot
    Flatfoot Posts: 96
    I have a son in Nashville.  In fact, I'm there now!  Try the Smiling Elephant - a Thia restaurant. Doesn't look like much on the outside, but great food!  I highly recommend the cashew chicken in peanut sauce!  Besides, you might see a celebrity there - I have!
    LBGE, MM, & Mini. Weber Smokey Joe for a knockabout. 
    "Honestly, Honey!  Just one more Egg, and one more gun, and I'll be done!"
  • Budgeezer
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!  Can't wait to give them a try!
    Edina, MN

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    edited August 2017
    Budgeezer said:
    Hattie B's in Nashville 
    Actually, they take CC's as well (at least at the  Nolensville Rd location).  The easy in and out location is on south Nolensville.
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• The_Stache
    It might help if we knew what type of restaurant you're looking for?

"Off the beaten path"
    "Known to locals only"
    "Specialty of the City"
    "Local food/music venue"
    etc.

In Asheville, if you're staying in the downtown are walk and seek.  GREAT beer tap rooms of a wide variety.  When there last we stopped by several of those rooms and snacked and had a WONDERFUL time.

Enjoy the trip.  You might head to the local Cars and Coffee during that trip.  Saturday in Cool Springs.

I'll look for you there
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• DoubleEgger
    Budgeezer said:
    Hattie B's in Nashville 
    Actually, they take CC's as well (at least at the  Nolensville Rd location).  The easy in and out location is on south Nolensville.
    They are moving up. The old location was cash only. I got burned because of it. 
  • The_Stache
    Budgeezer said:
    Hattie B's in Nashville 
    Hey, I'll even buy your meal next time you're in Nashville at Prince's (probably pay with my CC) ! :)
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• +1 for Curate in Asheville. They totally live up to they hype they have been receiving.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • DoubleEgger
    Budgeezer said:
    Hattie B's in Nashville 
    Hey, I'll even buy your meal next time you're in Nashville at Prince's (probably pay with my CC) ! :)
    That's a deal sir!