Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody watching Chopped Grill Masters?

jeffwit
jeffwit Posts: 1,348
Anyone? Myron Mixon is a guest judge. Looks like all Weber grills. 
Jefferson, GA
XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
“Honey, we bought a farm.”

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Thanks.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Never heard of it. But if Mixon's there, I'm out.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jeffwit
    Vegan lobster. Mmmmm. 
    Jefferson, GA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Yep, sorta lame.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Watched last night. 30 minutes way to stressful. The guy that came in 2ND was a real sore looser. Glad the girl won.
    Boynton Beach, Fl
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Watched last night. 30 minutes way to stressful. The guy that came in 2ND was a real sore looser. Glad the girl won.
    As arrogant as he was thru the whole episode you just knew he was going to lose at the end. And at the end he walked off with just the sort of whininess you would expect.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• jeffwit
    I was glad he lost. Seemed like a real jerk. 
    Jefferson, GA
  • I totally agree, not only a jerk, was real full of himself and was talking cr**p about the girl that beat him because she put brownie batter in a can, which was way cool.
    Boynton Beach, Fl
  • here is my Wife's comments after we watched. "Full of himself and arrogant, maybe his loss will humble him." Probably not
    Boynton Beach, Fl
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    My wife called the jerk "pouty boy".

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    edited August 2017
    Never heard of it. But if Mixon's there, I'm out.
    Too funny....i cant understand a word the guy says so i tune him out!

Bbq reality shows make me cringe...all these people trying to one up each other with halfwit remarks in their trash talking and failed attempts to be funny simply do not interest me

I also think bbq has become lost art in these shows since they cook to standards they hope the judges are looking for...sort of like college kids learning how to take tests as opposed to learning something....

I like moe cason because hes a green egg guy and Lee Ann Whippen is SMOKIN' hot (she looks exactly like my second wife and ive only been married once!)  plus she is a BGE gal so i love her...but the real reason i watch any of these shows is to learn some things as ill pick up a tip or two once in a while that can be applied to bbq

Im not a fan of the contrived theatre and drama that these bbq cookoff shows employ, they just feel so inauthentic.  Jerry springer might as well host the shows, maybe they can get an even bigger hillbilly audience that way
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    No Green Eggs on the show or any other ceramic cooker for that matter. At least it was outside and over charcoal or even propane rather than a grill pan on a stove top. For heaven's sake though, give them enough time to produce quality goods. 20 or 30 minutes isn't long enough.