Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Bge Acacia table mods.

New table removed some wood and dropped a piece of Granite in it and christened with reverse sear. 

Comments

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Looks good to me. I wish I had a bigger table...
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    Looks good to me.  Thinking of redoing the top for mine and like the granite insert idea.
    I am assuming granite would hold up to high temps such as moving a hot plate setter out to add some smoking wood or something.  

Anyone ever had granite crack doe to high temps?
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Table looks good, better get some air space between the egg and that stone it is sitting on. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Table looks good, better get some air space between the egg and that stone it is sitting on. 
    +1

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Maiello
    Maiello Posts: 4
    Joe you think that's really necessary with a 2 inch concrete paver
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Maiello said:
    I'm not Joe, but yes. With direct contact, the stone will transfer heat from the egg base to the wood.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Maiello said:

The heat transfer through the egg into the stone over a course of time has been known to smolder and in some cases catch fire. Use your own judgement. I don't have a wooden table. On mine I merely modified the nest to a 3" standoff to gain clearance. More air gap would be fine also. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Maiello
    Maiello Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info.