Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

big green egg Dual probe wireless thermometer ET 734

Options
I got a new dual probe wireless big green egg thermometer today ET 734. It does not want to seem to set up for me. I was wondering is there a video out there to show how to set one up. 

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    What's it not doing? If it's like my maverick you have to do it seemingly backward. Cut the unit you hold on first then the unit with wires connected to meat. Then it should sync. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yes. As above. It is counterintuitive. Read the directions carefully and it will pair. Having said that, I turn the battery around in the unit that isn't closed with a screw when done cooking. I haven't figured out how to keep it from draining otherwise. Works great though. I turn the battery in a couple of small devices like that. Must be me. Good luck. 
  • Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    Options
    My BGE one was a gift and it never really connected after trying EVERYTHING. Definitely toss the crappy batteries it comes with and replace with quality ones if you haven't yet. 
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.