Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner Party for 8 Ideas

Options
2»

Comments

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @nolaegghead I have a standing rule that I can only spend three days in NOLA. Any more and I'm pretty sure I'd self destruct.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    (But I still dream of the BBQ shrimp at Pascal's Manale)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The trip can be equal to or less (=<) than three days, but I think the threshold of debauchery can vary between several hours to a week or more.  My scientific observations conclude it can be managed. ;)
    Options
    If you are still looking for ideas, I always recommend a standing rib roast/prime rib roast over beef tenderloin. Much more flavor, imo.  Very easy to do, bones separated and charred for shock factor, tender, fat infused buttery meat for the meal, and a good blend of med-well on the edges to med-rare in the middle, if you have guests with different temp preferences.  Pairs really well with roasted potatoes topped with garlic and drizzled with a little meat gravy.  You can even add a nice, strong cheese to the top of them.  Add a salad and a nice green vegetable side and you have a top notch meal that is sure to impress.  
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I agree, over tenderloin, the standing rib roast is more of a treat.   I was responding to a question by the OP on how cook a tenderloin.  It's all subjective, obviously, so the more options the better, I would think.
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Another vote for short ribs with a mustard sugar glaze. The are easy, really show off the egg and relatively unusual. I did them for a party of 8 last year (all pretty sophisticated eaters) and got raves. And they'll set you back about $40. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia