Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Debuting the Joetisserie .... with Duck

Options
Bought a Joetisserie for the Egg and took it out for its first spin yesterday by making a Hoisin mopped rotisserie duck - many thanks for all those who helped me out with hints and tips yesterday !!

To prep the duck, I washed it inside and out, dried it with paper towels and put it on a rack in the refrigerator for about 8 hours. I then trimmed excess fat (which I rendered to put on some roast potatoes - yum) and stabbed the skin with a small knife around 50 times top and bottom.

To prep the Egg, I created a \_/ shapes mound of coals (banked up at front and rear), with a gap between each mound large enough for a small rectangular drop tray to fit. I lit each pile separately (do not put the drip tray in yet as it will restrict airflow). When ready, I inserted the drip tray, and one small chunk of soaked plum wood on each bank. On with the Joetisserie with the duck firmly impaled !

After about 30 minutes I mop basted every 10 minutes with a Hoisin glaze inspired by Bobby Flay (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/rotisserie-duck-with-hoisin-baste-served-with-grilled-oranges-scallions-and-pancakes-recipe-1941200) but without the canned tomatoes and swapping out the honey for agave.

Rested for 10 minutes, carved and eaten !

Comments