Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked Potatoes @ 275°?

Options
I'm going to do some reverse sear Ribeye's and would like to also do some baked potatoes.
Usually I do the potatoes @ 350° for about an hr.
Would 275° be too low a temp?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    Would 275° be too low a temp?

No. It just takes longer. We have cooked them on the pit as low as 225 with outstanding results. Again, it just takes longer.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    If I were going to cook them that low I would first stick them in several places with a fork, and then microwave them for 2-3 minutes depending on the size of the potato.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Nah. Just more beer time. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Microwave. Few minutes depending on size and number of potatoes. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I do mine that low all the time. Rub with EVOO and salt. No foil. 205 IT. Crispy outside.