Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Comments

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    21 pounds to FL by UPS, sent out yeaterday
  • $44.00 priority shipping Amarillo to NC. USPS

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    I wonder who is getting this 
    That stuff is good on everything, but I thought there was a show off discussion to post what you received?  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Anyone else think we should invade Canada to alleviate that international shipping cost?

I'm willing to add a few stars to my flag. THAT would be a deployment I could get down on. Pancakes, pretty ladies, great hunting...

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    If anyone is reading these shipping costs (for domestic) and hasn't shipped yet, check out Fedex Ground/Home.  The costs between FedEx, UPS and USPS change occasionally, but right now for big heavy packages I've found FedEx to be the cheapest. 

Unless you can fit into the USPS flat rate boxes, but I had to ship a cow skull and there wasn't room.   :o
    LBGE/Maryland
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    ...Fingers crossed that the Samsonite Gorilla isn't working for USPS though, mostly glass bottles in the box.
    I hear ya.  Hope mine makes it safe.   I went with the packing material on hand, and the day after I shipped it I received a light I had ordered and it came in a nice thick box with lots of paper and bubble wrap.  I should save that box for next year! 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I cut slices of off a big chunk of styrofoam and used flattened Whataburger drink cups to keep things from moving. Add to that putting any plastic bottles on the perimeter. But all I can hope is that the gorilla is on vacation.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I found when you deflate the blow up doll, it takes up less space.  Can't wait 'til he gets mine!  FL to NC.  25 lbs - $34 shipping
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Smokin_Trout
    Smokin_Trout Posts: 506
    I didn't reach the minimum $35 shipping costs, but the think it's a pretty good package. 
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Just shipped to Texas ! USPS hope it arrives intact !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2017
    I didn't reach the minimum $35 shipping costs, but the think it's a pretty good package. 

It's a minimum $35 of product before shipping.  Most spend more than that though, but by all means, ship as cheap as possible.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Goodies are boxed and heading to the post office :)
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    just need to make one more stop for some more local goodies and should be shipped friday. Lots of glass in mine so a little concerned. Need to find some bubble wrap. 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• This was so much fun!  Glad they included folks who view each day but not much on posting. 
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    I still had some room in my box, so I went to my egg dealer at lunchtime to pick up a few last minute items.  He was glad I stopped in, I "helped" him sell a large with nest and shelves.  A couple were in the store and they were on the fence and my dealer asked me to tell the couple what I though of my BGE.  I told them it was the best purchase I've ever made and that I no longer had any use for my Weber and that I gave it away to a neighbor.  They pulled the trigger and everyone walked away happy.

Hopefully my elfster will be happy too.  His box is going out today via USPS priority mail.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • Shipped to Texas today! Should get there by Tuesday. UPS insured was $21. I'd guess total weight was 20-22 lbs. 
  • calracefan
    My package tracking says it was delivered today to a parcel locker ! Not sure what that is , anyone know ?
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    It's an outside mailbox for a city block, or apt building. They have large cubbies that lock to leave the package secure.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    It's an outside mailbox for a city block, or apt building. They have large cubbies that lock to leave the package secure.
    The postman takes the key to the large box and puts it into the recipient's regular locked box. That way the person knows they have a package and no one else can get to it.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    edited June 2017
    Shipped. 30 Lbs. Shipping is expensive.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Brason said:
    Is there a bag of RW in there. HOLY SHEET!!!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Brason said:
    Good thing we can't get RW here in SoCal or there might have been. I sent my favorites. Do not shop while drinking your favorites. Words of advice.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Brason said:
    Brason said:
    Good thing we can't get RW here in SoCal or there might have been. I sent my favorites. Do not shop while drinking your favorites. Words of advice.
    Thats why I refrain from gocery shipping after drunch on fridays. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Packing mine and sending tomorrow. 
    Hopefully it should get there in time for the 4th. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    just checked the tracking on the one I sent that was supposed to be there yesterday. It now showing a status of "Delayed" and no new delivery date. It is in Springfield IL so at least its close.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• calracefan
    The postman takes the key to the large box and puts it into the recipient's regular locked box. That way the person knows they have a package and no one else can get to it.

Thanks to both of you ! I had no idea what it was ! lol !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    My tracking number says the package was delivered Thursday, just hoping it was delivered to the correct address.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Mine will be shipped tomorrow. Had to hit the amish farmers market for some sauce today. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    I shipped mine today.  Fed Ex ground was pretty reasonable- better than I thought anyway- and it will arrive before Thurs June 29.  When the pairings were made, I knew I wouldn't be able to get it out until this weekend and I emailed my person to let them know.  Were we supposed to find out who is sending us a package too...?
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs