Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

D' oh boy, here we go again

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
My wife wanted to invite her office coworkers to our house for lunch. We had pizza of course. 
This one is a classic margherita pizza. 

On this one I used pesto in place of tomato sauce and added some chicken I roasted earlier. 

Once the oven cooled down I made another stab at bread. It's still not exactly what I'm aiming for but I'm closing in. 

Life is good my friends. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Man oh man. Just awesome. Those pizzas are unbelievable. 

Little Rock, AR

• SciAggie
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist Thanks. This thing is so much fun. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Wow, that pizza looks awesome! Bread looks great, too! 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Beautiful work (and great oven!).  Which dough recipe do you use?
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Man, if only my wife worked!  And I had a WFO and I could cook...

you're living
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    loving it!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    Looking good. I really want to try bread some day soon.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Dude those are incredible pizzas.  I'm guessing the bread was pretty damn good too!!!   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Just plain showing off now!!!  :o:o:o
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You sir are my hero.  Loving how you are rolling with your outdoor set up!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Wow, that pizza looks awesome! Bread looks great, too! 
    Thank you very much. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    20stone said:
    Beautiful work (and great oven!).  Which dough recipe do you use?
    I'll pm it to you. It's a butt load of keystrokes, lol. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Dude those are incredible pizzas.  I'm guessing the bread was pretty damn good too!!!   

Thanks. The bread tastes great - I'm still trying to get it to look the way I want. A fellow has to have goals, right?
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    You sir are my hero.  Loving how you are rolling with your outdoor set up!
    I just need a view like yours. Thanks. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Love the pies and the new toy. Keep um coming.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Outstanding Gary!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SciAggie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Outstanding Gary!
    Thanks. I'm still trying to get a consistent ear on my loaves. I'm not sure if it's my scoring, or if I don't have enough tension from shaping my loaf. Or something else... These had a decent bloom but no ear. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I might suggest it's the score. Try cutting at 120 degrees or so instead of 180. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia