Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Burger?

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
Got 1# of 80/20 for a burger on the grill and I'm looking for something different.  My usual is bring up to room temp and a generous dusting of Cow Lick.  Thanx for any ideas!!~~

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I would go to Google and search hamburgers under the images tab. Many of them take you to links on how they were cooked.
    I do this all the time for ideas.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited June 2017

Smash burgers are always a win.  Also I'm pretty fond of using fish sauce, check a recipe out here https://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/elevate-your-burger-this-summer/

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Fish Sauce - Salt - Pepper

That is all.

Hope you enjoy & let us know what you come up with
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    on the egg, i salt, form large but thinner patties, partially freeze, then cook 450 to 500 and flip once. some char but still pink.  best burger ive had lately was pepperjack, light squeeze sriraka sauce, avacado guac, pico, sriraka mayo on a bulkie
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    I'm in the keep it simple camp with my burgers.  Cook 500ish and season with  lowery's seasoned salt, pepper, and a hint of ghost pepper powde

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I do simple as well - salt n pepper

i like to cook mine indirect they keep their form better that way

its worth buying the fancy cheese at the store too. 

Brown some onions in butter for extra goodness
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Grind your own...Sirloin, Chuck, Ribeye even parts and smash them! http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1204333/smash-burgers-pics-show-it-all/p1 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    My favorite burger is a smashburger with a condiment (on both halves of a toasted bun) consisting of about a tablespoon of mayo, 1/2 tsp of Dijon and some chopped chives. Probably more than that, but that's about the right proportion (I never measure).

Make the smashburger with 80/20 beef and season with either s&p OR Montreal Steak Seasoning OR a Gordon Ramsay beef seasoning blend I found online. It calls for Aleppo pepper, good luck with that - I used 1 tsp ea cayenne+paprika as a sub.   

Top the burger with a healthy amount of caramelized onion and cheese of choice (Swiss or American for me).

That's it... beef, seasoning, onion, cheese and mayo/mustard/chives. The mayo stuff seals the deal - awesome on a burger!

Serve with "moist towelettes" though - it's juicy!!

Tried fish sauce a couple of times. Couldn't tell the difference so I don't bother.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    My wife makes us use 10/90 most of the time. But for the best burgers grind up brisket and make them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Smoke indirect at 250-300F for 45 min to 1.5 hr turning midway thru cooking time (depending on thickness) and youll never look back

Got the idea from Smoke and Spice cookbook and this is a wow factor crowd pleaser way to make burgers

Rub is whatever you want, i usually do just salt n peppa
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I have a shaker I keep with SPOG. I use that and some Tony's.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    not one juicy lucy or onion burger mentioned, those used to be huge on this forum
    fukahwee maine

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited June 2017
    not one juicy lucy or onion burger mentioned, those used to be huge on this forum

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman

Image result for onion burger fishlessman
    fukahwee maine

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I'm a SPOG (salt, pepper, onion, garlic) fan. Dare I say it, sometimes I like lipton onion soup mix and a splash on Worcestershire sauce mixed in
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!