Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kinda OT - Some recent cooks on the Blackstone and Instant Pot (pic heavy)

Sonny3
Sonny3 Posts: 455
edited June 2017 in EggHead Forum
I recently decided to start using the Instant Pot a little more and just the other day I found a 200 recipe book on sale in Costco.  Not only were these recipes easy and quick, they really tasted farkin' good and was a nice change.

Lemony Chicken Piccata over Angel Hair Pasta.  The pic is from the book as I forgot to do a plated pic.  Sorry

Good Ol' Swiss Steak, but with a tomato based gravy (my favorite) instead of brown.

Louisiana Jambalaya

And from the Blackstone - Ribeye, started in the Sous Vide and finished on the BS along with quartered lobster tails.  Accompanied by Garlic Roasted Green Beans and Oven roasted red taters.

Just had to share, as all of these meals were delicious in the own way.  It is also nice to have an appetite back and the cancer drugs have gone and the taste buds have almost recovered.  I got real tired of everything having a metallic taste.  I hope you folks enjoy these pics as much as I enjoyed eating the dishes.
Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Absolutely beautiful post my friend.
    I don't even know where to start.
    Keep on keepin' on brother.  B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Nice cooks, but what's the name of the cookbook?

Good to hear about the drugs! "Cancer sucks" indeed!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Here ya go "Q",

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Thanks! I've owned a PC for about a year. Decided to get a stovetop model (Presto 8 qt) instead of an IP. I"m sure these recipes will work in mine, I'll just have to shorten the cook time to allow for the higher pressure.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    That is some great looking food.  Very nicely done.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2017
    Beautiful work. I bet that was delicious.

I'm  guessing "instant pot" is another name for a pressure cooker and not a new delivery system for the drug dealer on the corner.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Most excellent grub!

The BS is a great complement to sous vide. Did you SV the lobster too?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Well done sir.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Looks like you are making up for lost meals. More importantly it sounds like you are putting cancer in its place. Keep it up man!!
    Snellville, GA