Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye drying in the fridge today

Options
2»

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks for following. Turned out great.
    WOWSER!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Da-n. Nailed that hunk of beef.  Congrats on the cook and result.
    Did you notice a different flavor with the beef given you did the salt process before the cook?   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    You did it justice! Eggheads all over the world, REJOICE!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Looks great!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Da-n. Nailed that hunk of beef.  Congrats on the cook and result.
    Did you notice a different flavor with the beef given you did the salt process before the cook?   
    Thank you.
    I think it was a drawn out steak post...lol
    Being in he freezer for 6 months after purchase did not help, but it was still a great meal.
    Honestly I think a steak in the 2" range as a max is much better but the flavor was still very good.
    I think I would like to do a side by side with the salt, no salt prior to the cook. I could not truly remeber the last cook well enough.
    I really think the drying on a rack helped. Also needed a longer rest but we were hungry. Thanks for watching.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I think that once you are around 1 1/4" steak thickness or greater  the protein lends itself to the reverse sear process to nail the finish but that's just an opinion...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    I go away for a couple of hours to pick up friends from the airport and you did this!! Yumsters Darian.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I think that once you are around 1 1/4" steak thickness or greater  the protein lends itself to the reverse sear process to nail the finish but that's just an opinion...
    I agree, really like rev sear.
    I had good color and crust after the low direct so I skipped the high temp sear.
    Fat was rendered nice and it went direct from fridge to grill this time with just a piece of bourbon oak wood. The center was a little rare for the wife but I liked it.
    Thanks for all your input...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    There's some beautiful looking beef right there. Great looking meal!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nailed it!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Great plate pic