Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

19" stone with small chip.

Options
I've purchased quite a few items from CGS, but have had a few stones that were chipped.  They are always real gracious about shipping a new one, but just checking to see if I'm being too picky.  Here's a pic of a 19" stone I received yesterday and it had a small chip off one edge.  I'm not that experienced using stones so would appreciate feedback regarding how this may impact the life of the stone.   Thanks.

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I think it's fine to expect it to not be chipped, buying it new from a retailer - unless they're offering cheaper prices as blems.

That being said, none of that impacts its performance, so up to you.  I once had a washing machine delivered by Sears that had a cosmetic dent in it, they offered me a new one, or a discount on the dented one.  I took the discount, saved us both money.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    It will not hurt anything and it will slowly fill in with carbonized, rock hard crud the more you use it. If it were the start of a crack I would exchange it. Little chips are more common and no real issue in longevity.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Thank you guys...appreciate the input. I contacted CGS and they're going to discount for the blemish.   Tom and Terri have been really helpful and service after the sell has been great.   Have noticed their Grids are a lot easier to clean versus the OEM BGE so maybe the SS is better quality.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen