Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FB300 can you use it without the fan?

Options
jeponline
jeponline Posts: 290
I am seriously considering getting the Flame Boss 300.  I would plan to use the fan for longer cooks like brisket, but would only be interested in monitoring the temp for shorter cooks like ribs.  I would prefer to not get the flame boss and something like the thermoworks smoke, and feel like if I got the smoke, I would regret not having the fan when I cook brisket.
Large BGE
Huntsville, AL

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Yes, the FB 300 will monitor your pit and food temps with the fan NOT plugged in.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Sure, just don't plug the fan in.  It will monitor the grill temp & meat temp, and send everything to your phone or computer like normal.  It will display at what percentage it's signaling the fan to run at like normal, the fan just won't be running.  It might go a little crazy sending you notifications if the temp starts to creep--because it's trying to adjust and it can't, so you may need to turn the notifications on pit temp off.

Mine is sitting on the workbench plugged in right now (no fan), so if you want to login and play, just let me know.  Send me an email, and I'll get you my login info for mine.