Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lodge Cast Iron

Options

I like how the Lodge home page features the big green egg, you guys have probably already seen it but I felt I would bring it up.

If you look at the type of grill the lodge skillet is in you will notice that the sides are green.

http://shop.lodgemfg.com/

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Nice. Had no idea. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Pretty sure the Lodge outlet store is a BGE dealer.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice. It is also cool that they are making CI without the big handle. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    One of the lodge stores I stopped at in Pigeon Forge was an Egg Dealer.  Had Eggs and accessories in the store.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    One of the lodge stores I stopped at in Pigeon Forge was an Egg Dealer.  Had Eggs and accessories in the store.
    Have seen the store but have never stopped off guess Ill have to.

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

@PirateBill The Lodge has a large outlet store on 441 as you head in to Sevierville right on the road.  The Lodge Store that has the Big Green Egg’s and accessories/lump is in Pigeon Forge.  It’s on Teaster Lane where some of the other outlet stores are (Next to a Workshop tools in the end of a plaza). 

2704 Teaster Ln, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    Thanks @YEMTrey Ill have to check it out, the lady pirate and I usually skip Sevierville and Pigeon Forge by driving through Townsend when we go hiking might have to make a special trip.  

- Calico Jack Rackham

• CTSmoker
    CTSmoker Posts: 19
    Options
    Best place to buy Lodge is Amazon.  The Lodge Store is no bargain.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    DMW said:
    Pretty sure the Lodge outlet store is a BGE dealer.
    The one in Commerce GA is.....and plan a visit on Sunday......for the cast that is.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    CTSmoker said:
    Best place to buy Lodge is Amazon.  The Lodge Store is no bargain.
    Agree.....The store is great for drooling and I usually come away with a few gems. Consider it entertainment not bargin hunting.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 151
    Options
    Try Bass Pro Shops. They usually have a piece or two on sale. I got a monster 17" for under $50 last summer.

http://shop.lodgemfg.com/skillets-and-covers/17-inch-cast-iron-skillet.asp
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My mother in law is a tj max junkie so i ask her to keep an eye out for Lodge CI and grab anything you see for me. This gem came to me for 5 bucks. 

Lodge L9OG3 Cast Iron Round Griddle Pre-Seasoned 105-inch

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie