Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spinach (or any other greens) Curry

Options
Eoin
Eoin Posts: 4,304
For @TN_Sister_State and @danguba78.

This works on the hob or in a pan / DO on the Egg.

The ingredients are flexible, I use spinach, kale, chard, spring greens etc.

Ingredients are simple:

Onions. I go coarsely sliced. More or less dependent how you like it.
Greens. Spinach just gets a quick wash. For greens with a stalk, cut the leafy part away and chop the stalk separately. Coarsely chop the leaves.

Oil in the pan and add whole dried birdseye chillies. 3 or 4 is good, adds heat to the dish and anyone who likes more heat can eat the whole peppers. Medium hob / Egg to let the chillies get some colour and then add cumin seeds and colour them (not long). Put in the onions (and stalks if separated) and saute until soft. Then add the washed leaves (wet), stir and cover so the leaves steam and wilt down.  You can leave this on a low heat until you are ready to eat, just add water as needed so it doesn't dry out. Salt to taste during the cook, I don't add much.

Comments

• danguba78
    danguba78 Posts: 92
    Options
    Eoin said:
    For @TN_Sister_State and @danguba78.

This works on the hob or in a pan / DO on the Egg.

The ingredients are flexible, I use spinach, kale, chard, spring greens etc.

Ingredients are simple:

Onions. I go coarsely sliced. More or less dependent how you like it.
    Greens. Spinach just gets a quick wash. For greens with a stalk, cut the leafy part away and chop the stalk separately. Coarsely chop the leaves.

Oil in the pan and add whole dried birdseye chillies. 3 or 4 is good, adds heat to the dish and anyone who likes more heat can eat the whole peppers. Medium hob / Egg to let the chillies get some colour and then add cumin seeds and colour them (not long). Put in the onions (and stalks if separated) and saute until soft. Then add the washed leaves (wet), stir and cover so the leaves steam and wilt down.  You can leave this on a low heat until you are ready to eat, just add water as needed so it doesn't dry out. Salt to taste during the cook, I don't add much.
    Thank you! We'll be trying this soon. 
    Bridgeport, Chicago, IL
    XLBGE, MiniMax BGE