Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My best ribs ever came from Sam's. Yep, Turbocharged

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Options
    Yesterday (no pics) 6 slabs, 3 chickens, and a butt load of sausage. 16 seemingly very content relatives after lunch and supper. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    First time cooking a package of 

Kiolbassa Chorizo

Thought if did not work out just toss. Grilled and was outstanding. Will start adding to sausage grilling. 

• ronw9471
    ronw9471 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm doing some of the same from Sam's today.
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • Mickey
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ronw9471 said:
    You may be in for the same surprise that I found then. 
    3 slabs, not 2 as I expected. 

• ronw9471
    ronw9471 Posts: 112
    Options
    Mickey said:
    ronw9471 said:
    LOL, that's exactly what I found.
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    At the local Sam's sometimes they are called Extra Meaty Pork Back Rib's
    Other times they are called Loin Back Ribs.
    They packaging looks the same other than the names. They never have both at the same time.
    The one's I have cooking today are the loin backs. A friend told me the loin backs are really baby backs. 
    Who know's, but I think they will turn out great. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Mickey
    I have always had pretty good luck with the meat from our local Sams (Gulfport).  On that note, sometimes they have the regular Smithfield ribs and sometimes they have the Prime reserve. Both are very good in my opinion. But the reserves are the better of the two. They are usually heftier than their counterpart. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Mickey said:
    ronw9471 said:
    My surprise was the opposite. We get our ribs from Cash & Carry, they are a restaurant supplier. Haven't bought ribs since last year. used to be 4-5 racks per pack. This time there was 2.
    Normally cook ribs on the Reverse Flow, 275*-325* so "turbo" is the only way it cooks them. They come out as good as they do off the Egg at 225*. 
  • charliebatutis
    Options
    I've had great luck with ribs from Sams. if i need more than 1 rack i always pickup a 3 pack from Sams.