Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak on sale @Home Depot three more days.

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Thanks for the info- always a good source for a cook that only needs BTU's.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    edited April 2017
    Options
    $0.6457 per pound is not a great price for Royal Oak but better than normal price

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• pinballLooking
    Options

Last year they put it on sale for 1 day $7.88 so it might get better.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options

My local HD runs a 2 day sale on it in late April.  Limit 10 bags, but usually around $7/bag.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Home Depot is having the 1 day sale on it Saturday.  They won't advertise the price until tomorrow, and there will be a limit of 10 bags per sale.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks for the info- always a good source for a cook that only needs BTU's.

+1
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options

Last year they put it on sale for 1 day $7.88 so it might get better.

I was going to post this.  It is has been $9.97 in my Home Depot for several months now.  I don't need any right now, but if they drop down to $7.88 again, I will stock back up.  
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am not allowed to buy more lump. I have around 40 bags at my house now. 
    Only 40? When I get below 500 pounds I panic and buy more LOL! Never gone higher than 780 though...after all I guy has to rein himself in, don'tchaknow! =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @RRP - I'm pretty sure @YukonRon is sitting on 40 20 lb bags of Rockwood, thus well-clearing your low and high level set points.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jak7028
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The sale is online now - $7.88 per 15 lbs bag, but limit is five.  The link at the top of the page works for the new sale price 

EDIT - They might be limiting it to in-store purchases only to generate foot traffic.  It is for sale online, but all stores in Austin, Houston, San Antonio, and within 100 miles of me are all "limited stock" which means you cant order online for in-store pickup.

Not worth it to drive to pick up.  I just checked other stores out of curiosity.  I bet my home Depot has the usual pallets of Royal Oak in stock.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Got my 5 and a free bottle of water. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @500 you need an SUV. 

Man mine smells like it was in a smoke pit for a month. 

But they let me use my military discount so 10% off of 7.88 a bag...I'll cook with dust for week day cooks all summer. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @jak7028 my store said the same. There were 5 pallets of it in there. And the girl at the counter gave zero $hits about qty. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

500 Posts: 3,177
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit I really want a short bed pickup truck. I put 10 bags in The Hemi last year and the cab doesn't smell like a fire pit. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    I just went to pick up my 5 bags and the employees and other customers treated me like a psychopath for buying so many.  Poor sheltered gas grill users.
  • RevJavaDude
    Options
    They still had about 30 bags left at our local store.  I depleted their inventory by 6 bags.  It's decent enough charcoal for quick grilling -- certainly at this price, too!  :-)

DocJavaDude
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Just got 10 bags

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    @500 you need an SUV. 

Man mine smells like it was in a smoke pit for a month. 

But they let me use my military discount so 10% off of 7.88 a bag...I'll cook with dust for week day cooks all summer. 

That is what my SUV looks like after my trip to HD.  My wife was with me so we could get 10 bags as this is the first time they have had a "limit of 5"

• jak7028
    Options
    @jak7028 my store said the same. There were 5 pallets of it in there. And the girl at the counter gave zero $hits about qty. 
    I went and picked up 5 bags since I needed to go to Home Depot anyway.  They had several pallets on hand.  Lady at the register didn't even know it was on sale either.  

She told me to keep an eye out for the Kingsford sales since I like charcoal so much and that is the popular sale.  I just smiled and said thanks for letting me know.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    jak7028 said:
    I went and picked up 5 bags since I needed to go to Home Depot anyway.  They had several pallets on hand.  Lady at the register didn't even know it was on sale either.  

She told me to keep an eye out for the Kingsford sales since I like charcoal so much and that is the popular sale.  I just smiled and said thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, NO! ;) 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I bought 5 from the special display stack and used self checkout. Then i went back in and got 5 from the normal shelf and checked out at the garden center. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @onedbguru I had my 3 year old give the girl a cc after 5 were rang up and said, "kid loves hot dogs! What can I say?" 

When I got home to organize everything I realized I only had half a bag of Rockwood. My wife may shut me down on charcoal purchases after today. 

South of Nashville, TN

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    jak7028 said:

Yeah, NO! ;) 
    Kingsford + Weber is still a great combo!
    I picked up (3) 15 lb. bags of Royal Oak briquettes for $4/bag yesterday from Lowes. Going to go back and grab some more today. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Got mine!
    Flint, Michigan
  • jetman96
    jetman96 Posts: 127
    Options
    I picked up 6 bags today...after I had 6 bags of Rockwood show up Wed.  Had to hide some in the basement.  B)
    Cincinnati, OH
    Large BGE
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    I picked up 2 bags of RO lump a couple of hours ago. That's all the wife would let me get. Got 2 bags of RW at the house plus 10 boxes of center cut so I was lucky to get the 2 bags of RO.

But I did get a 2 drill combo and and a weed eater/ edger combo pulse 16 bags of mulch. Can't complain.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Does this lump make my Prius look big?

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    @SaintJohnsEgger did you get the Milwaukee combo?