Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Norah Grace's First Brisket.

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
Well with it be mothers day Norah wanted to make mom a brisket.  She has been planning the cook since she got her new grill.   Well I was so amazed up at 3am to start the cooker and check her seasoning.  She inspected the brisket and gave me clear instructions.  Well she got my classic us to 250 and made sure it was stable for 30 minutes before she tossed on the 15lb monster.  

I stayed up for what seemed like a few minutes reflecting on life and family, only to realize it was now time for my wife to start her 12hr day.  Here are a few photos of herBrisket 

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @ryantt - time to retire right now.  What a cook and result.  I would take that any time.  A natural in your midst.  Continue to support and nurture the obvious talent and fun she is having.  Dang- congrats and more.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement @lousubcap.  We are having so much fun cooking together.  

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Some of the kids on these posts are amazing! My kid would fight if we asked her to boil water. Literally. The only meal she would cook was spaghetti, and she was just as happy eating it raw. Boy I miss those teen years.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What a team! :) Very nicely done. Mama must have been proud.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ryantt
    Options
    @caliking, the smile on Norah's face as we sliced and served made my wife grin from ear to ear.  It's hard to believe how much we enjoyed the dinnner.