Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: This is how you do a grill commercial - Marketing Done Right

Options
I'm not looking for a pellet grill but this is one awesome commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fulJLYgsfSw&feature=youtu.be

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
MiniMax 04/17
Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

Comments

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    My wife is going to be so pissed when this randomly shows up on our doorstep. 

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    I get you @PirateBill

I was really considering a pellet grill and was researching all the different brands when I realized they cost almost as much as an Egg. So I decided to go the egg route. I wouldn't turn down a pellet grill but I think I can do without one. At this point I would rather have a Blackstone.
    MiniMax 04/17

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My wife is going to be so pissed when this randomly shows up on our doorstep. 
    The grill god forgives you.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I agree that was a great commercial. They almost had me right up until the 3 year warranty. For $900 I would expect a little more on the warranty. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Would this be for grilling or smoking?  Just wondering.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt -  I'm with you but the target audience quite likely doesn't think that's a negative as I doubt the level of research that a potential buyer will conduct puts a lot of value on the warranty.  But I could be wrong.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    More of s smoker than a grill as it isn't easy to go direct on most pellet grills. Weird thing is that pellet grills don't usually import a lot of smoke flavor into the meat. or at least not in the consumer grade models.
    MiniMax 04/17

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    "Luscious clouds of flavor..."

"It's like tofu... except it's actually really good."

Love it!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Lol " your food is burnt and raw at the same time!  That's the Devils's work!!" 
    Great add
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    Lol " your food is burnt and raw at the same time!  That's the Devils's work!!" 
    Great add
    @Hntnhrd I just spit out my lunch when I heard him say that. That should be a tattoo.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Three year warranty versus lifetime? 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1_a93-p9i0

wish they would have got John Witherspoon for that commercial 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • RickLRMS
    RickLRMS Posts: 12
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    "Luscious clouds of flavor..."

"It's like tofu... except it's actually really good."

Love it!
    "Magic tofu." Made me laugh out loud.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Upon further review-that commercial will definitely attract those who are in the undecided category.  Hits the key points with a goodly dose of humor and making a foil of the vegan just drives it home.  Add agency gold star.  I'm sure the term "Grill God" is tossed around these parts with relative impunity.  Have a great weekend-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I don't know about the grill but they nailed the advertisement for sure. 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Would this be for grilling or smoking?  Just wondering.  
    This wasn't funny the first time you made fun of the guy. Why the hell would you think it would be funny on the 5th time? Give it a rest dude. We wanna see the "work" not the horse beating. 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Awesome commercial!  So many great lines.  The Tofu goddess was icing on the cake.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    So simple a computer can run it. Implies the need for a power source. Does it run on batteries or does it require access to 120V AC?
    3 years? Outdoor? 
    Love the Comercial. Outstanding.
    Think I will keep with my thousand year old ceramic technology. The food from it is Grill God worthy.
    Thanks for posting, enjoyed it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    @YukonRon pellet grills require AC power and a 3 year warranty is pretty standard on the consumer grade models (i.e. Traeger, Green Mountain etc.). 

MiniMax 04/17

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @YukonRon pellet grills require AC power and a 3 year warranty is pretty standard on the consumer grade models (i.e. Traeger, Green Mountain etc.). 

Yeah, thought so. I have repaired a couple oow traegers recently for some friends.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Ha!  Thanks for sharing.   I agree, great ad.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You guys are missing the most important part! The Vegan Goddess is... Jaclyn Hales!! Have some bacon? =) 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut