Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sam's tire shop....

So I had a bolt in my tire and since it's a 3 series beamer I have run flats so I took it to Sam's since I could kill time while they replaced it. Bad idea, had to stock the freezer with butts and baby backs....  =) Pretty sure this was part of their master plan. Oh and the good coke from Mexico. This is why I can't go to Sam's unattended.

Franklin, Tn
LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

Comments

• The only thing I see wrong is that damn screw!
    Snellville, GA

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    What's Mexican coke?
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    It's from Mexico and only comes in glass bottles and they use real sugar, not corn syrup. It's a little sweeter and I love the nostalgia of a glass bottle. Reminds me of visiting my grandpa at his oil camps(what he called the job site) in West Texas as a kid. He was a roughneck his whole life.
    Franklin, Tn

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    edited May 2017
    g8golfer said:
    What's Mexican coke?
    Mexican coke uses real sugar instead of HFCS (corn syrup) used in US cokes.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• g8golfer
    I live a sheltered life in eastern ky 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    LOL - nice post! Wonder how many beamers those boys see in a years time!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • It's from Mexico and only comes in glass bottles and they use real sugar, not corn syrup. It's a little sweeter and I love the nostalgia of a glass bottle. Reminds me of visiting my grandpa at his oil camps(what he called the job site) in West Texas as a kid. He was a roughneck his whole life.
    What part of west Texas?  I live in Midland. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TN_Sister_State
    edited May 2017
    Snyder, my dad went to hs at Midland Odessa before they moved to Snyder.
    Franklin, Tn

• TN_Sister_State
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 my dad paid for Texas a&m in those same oil fields. I know probably not your favorite school.  ;)
    Franklin, Tn

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I just found out that my niece will be teaching at a college in the Midland area. She isn't an Egger yet but I did give her a Thermopop. Btw I only drink the Hecho en Mexico coke. I really miss the original Barq's root beer in glass bottles and with real sugar and sassafras. It's a sin that they sold out to Coca Cola and the recipe got totally changed.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    So, you need a babysitter too when shopping at Sams?  I'm that way when I go to Restaurant Depot.

So for Mexican Coke I should just look for "Hecho en Mexico" on the bottle?
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    when you said Mexican Coke I really thought you were referring to the nose candy variety.

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• TN_Sister_State
    @PirateBill @td66snrf I should really choose my words more carefully. 

Franklin, Tn

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    could have saved some money just buying a 6 dollar tire plug kit =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    It's from Mexico and only comes in glass bottles and they use real sugar, not corn syrup. It's a little sweeter and I love the nostalgia of a glass bottle. Reminds me of visiting my grandpa at his oil camps(what he called the job site) in West Texas as a kid. He was a roughneck his whole life.
    You have educated me. I will be in Sam's today.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    g8golfer said:
    What's Mexican coke?
    It's what you snort off of a Mexican hooker. 
  • TN_Sister_State
    could have saved some money just buying a 6 dollar tire plug kit =)
    Since they are run flats and was driven well over its 50 mile limit fully deflated replacement was the proper choice for safety. i thought about a plug kit initially for sure. Use to always have one in my cars. 
    Franklin, Tn

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    The label of the Mexican Coke will also be in Spanish....  And I recently found out that there is Mexican Dr. Pepper at Publix......  SOLD!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• g8golfer
    Well I learn something on this website everyday so I'm going to try some Mexican Coke this weekend minus the hooker unless you can buy both at Walmart. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited May 2017
    g8golfer said:
    Well I learn something on this website everyday so I'm going to try some Mexican Coke this weekend minus the hooker unless you can buy both at Walmart. 
    Oh, I'm sure you can find a hooker at Walmart. Just depends on your standards. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    g8golfer said:
    You pick up one in the parking lot...
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    "Real" Coca~Cola can also be found nationwide during Passover. 100% cane sugar, but in the usual plastic bottles. Look for the correct color cap (I forget what color they use...maybe yellow?) and check the ingredients list.
    It's better in the glass bottle though. Every now and then the Home Depot chain carries Mexican Coke in the bottles up here in the northeast. They get big bucks for it.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    OT...Just an FYI, during Passover (Aprilish time frame) Coke yellow topped bottles..same think I believe

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    i find the mexican coke in the goya isle in the supermarket
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    i find the mexican coke in the goya isle in the supermarket

Along with all the other stuff that looks good, but SWMBO says No too.....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Next time you are in Sam's give this stuff a try if you see it. Excellent on wings or pork.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.