Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Shining up one's automobile

Options
13»

Comments

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    She's dirty, but I needed to show my allegiance to the King Ranch club. 

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,980
    Options
    My Dad just pays people to detail his cars.  They seem to do a pretty good job:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • michigan_jason
    Options

Your dad is Jay Leno?

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• michigan_jason
    edited April 2017
    Options
    LMAO

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,980
    edited April 2017
    Options

Your dad is Jay Leno?
    On April 1 of each year, there's always one dude who walks around telling everyone not to fall for the joke.  Well done.  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,310
    edited April 2017
    Options
    tz666 said:
    It's that time of year when many of us are beginning to free our four-wheeled beasts (and for some of us, two-wheeled) from their winter slumber. 

Personally, I like to wash and wax frequently over the summer months to keep my car looking her best. The jet black finish is not very forgiving and does not allow for much soiling.

I have tried a wide variety of products, but have found that an economical solution resulting in a long lasting shine can be achieved with only a reasonable amount of effort by layering a coating of Nu Finish polish underneath a layer of Meguiars Ultimate synthetic paste wax. To my eyes, the car is left looking like it's dripping and remains that way for a good long while. Using this combo on the rims also yields good results. The only drawback of this approach is that the NuFinish will absolutely cling to any rubber or plastic trim, so you really have to use caution upon application.

Of course, a periodic clay barring and/or application of carnauba wax is also sometimes in order. Tire shine can also be a nice touch - it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine - but can also end up coating the fenders a little.

What products and processes do you use to keep your car looking its best?
    a white eraser will get that off the trim
    Thanks. Will try!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    that new truck look =)  nice and shiny
    THAT'S COLLECTIBLE?!  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Thanks! Will be ordering today!
    Bought the Blackfire, an applicator, 32 oz of 303 and even got a free t-shirt! Thanks for helping me spend some money, Brandon!
    The order showed up today! Now if this blasted rain will stop - though forecasted thru 7 more days - I might be able to at least try the Blackfire. Cool that I got a free new black t-shirt with the order. It will add to my new Tom Silva Construction t-s coming from TOH. What a new wardrobe for '17 I have in store to add to my RW lump t-s I have been saving to wear!  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    Thanks! Will be ordering today!
    Bought the Blackfire, an applicator, 32 oz of 303 and even got a free t-shirt! Thanks for helping me spend some money, Brandon!
    The order showed up today! Now if this blasted rain will stop - though forecasted thru 7 more days - I might be able to at least try the Blackfire. Cool that I got a free new black t-shirt with the order. It will add to my new Tom Silva Construction t-s coming from TOH. What a new wardrobe for '17 I have in store to add to my RW lump t-s I have been saving to wear!  =)
    Good deal buddy.  
    Not bad to recycle the older Ts, wifebeaters, boxers, as applicators and rags.   
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    edited April 2017
    Options

I have been using Adams Polishes for about 2 years now. Twice a year I clay, seal and wax.
  • Focker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    newby84 said:

I have been using Adams Polishes for about 2 years now. Twice a year I clay, seal and wax.
    Sweet Jimmy, really like those rims.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just finished waxing my wife's 4Runner. Tried a lot of waxes and this is the best I have found. 
  • News2u
    News2u Posts: 335
    Options
    Who knows what the winning combination is, but between automatic car washes, I always dry wash with a mix of vinegar, water and a cap full of soap du jour.  I spritz it on heavily, use a wet cloth to wash off and dry to a buff shine.  Rarely wax.  Its worked for ten years. Now if I could just lose that smirk. 
    Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.