Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I haven't tossed this out there for a while but I do believe "Life is too short for light/lite beer."  YMMV-  
    I have to agree that life is too short for Lite beer. Unfortunately there is no Amstel beer, just light. I do enjoy regular beers but for unleaded Amstel light is mighty tasty.

XL BGE
    MD
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Is nothing sacred...I recall a few (several?) decades ago when there was Amstel and light/lite hadn't seen the light/lite of day.  Progress???  Enjoy the beverages.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Is nothing sacred...I recall a few (several?) decades ago when there was Amstel and light/lite hadn't seen the light/lite of day.  Progress???  Enjoy the beverages.

You as well. I'm still sitting on my SRF Gold brisket for "that" day. Probably going to happen Memorial Day weekend as I am off for the entire week.

XL BGE
    MD
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @dsrguns - good call to wait on that beauty.  Not knowing a thing about your life, if appropriate I would sacrifice it on Father's Day if it works.  SRF is great any time but I am able to easier justify (without blow-back) for "special days".  That said, I just may fire up a SRF on National Brisket Day myself.  Regardless, enjoy the cook and any practice runs.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    After an evening cruise of forum threads, wondering about the attraction for light/lite beer.  "Life is too short for light/lite beer."  I just can't sort it out-I would think taste is a major factor in drinking a cold beer but perhaps today's tastes are over-shadowed by the caloric and alcohol content.  Looking for enlightenment-on a beer and bourbon fueled escape velocity evening. 
    In advance, thanks for your insights.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I haven't tossed this out there for a while but I do believe "Life is too short for light/lite beer."  YMMV-  
    Bourbon Cap, bourbon.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I love that stuff
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Wicked Weed Pernicious
    Bells Mars DIPA
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SandyHookEgger
    Options
    Wife rocking Moët champagne!
  • Dfoshee
    Dfoshee Posts: 191
    Options
    With a beer chaser
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Gonna kill the rest of this stuff. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Nice stick Pete!  I have some BT.  First had it when I brought it for gifting at the first butt blast.  Thought it was decent and had the humor value.  For me it's not In the upper echelon you normally inhabit.  But it's not bad at the price point.  Enjoy your evening brother.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice stick Pete!  I have some BT.  First had it when I brought it for gifting at the first butt blast.  Thought it was decent and had the humor value.  For me it's not In the upper echelon you normally inhabit.  But it's not bad at the price point.  Enjoy your evening brother.
    It's a drinker. I mix it up. Definitely doesn't insult my taste buds though. Hey it's Sunday and I gotta stay lucid for tomorrow. Lol. I saw there was about two sips left in the bottle and figured I would clear some room on the downstairs bar. I tend to get it too crowded and get the evil eye from SWMBO. Cheers brother!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    It's a drinker. I mix it up. Definitely doesn't insult my taste buds though. Hey it's Sunday and I gotta stay lucid for tomorrow. Lol. I saw there was about two sips left in the bottle and figured I would clear some room on the downstairs bar. I tend to get it too crowded and get the evil eye from SWMBO. Cheers brother!
      "Downstairs bar" means there's an upstairs bar ;).  I like how you roll!  Really wish I could cook at work!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    @bgebrent sometimes it's great and others you miss the glass of bourbon and it's a job. It's just weekends for me. Real work M-F. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Well it's only 5:30 and the BT is dry. Time to re think this and reload. 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Steve 

• Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Looking good! 

Brandon - Ohio

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Steve 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    kl8ton said:

Supposed to be a purchase limit.  Wife went to pick these up.  Cashier didn't care about the limit. 
    Finally found some.  can't wait to drink one.  
    Nice find!   
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    YEMTrey said:
    kl8ton said:

Supposed to be a purchase limit.  Wife went to pick these up.  Cashier didn't care about the limit. 
    Finally found some.  can't wait to drink one.  

Last year, KBS was hard to find and sold out in a day (with a 2 bottle limit)
    I just saw a stack of KBS at a local Hannaford Supermarket.
    (They must have overproduced KBS this year)
    I was told that they wanted it to be easier to get this year.  Hopefully that trend continues.  If I see it, I buy it.  I drank one or two so far but want to see how much I end up with and pace myself until next season.  

KBS is the only bright thing in the spring beer season.  All the Shandys and light citrus beers populate the shelves and dark beer hides until fall.   @lousubcap is right.  Life is too short for light beer.*

*I will have a carona or Victoria or dos equis  with Mexican food or while in a tropical/beach setting. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    If any of you lucky guys who got the 22oz bomber of KBS wouldn't mind parting with the empty bottle once you're done, I'd happily take it off your hands.
    Steve 

• kl8ton
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    If any of you lucky guys who got the 22oz bomber of KBS wouldn't mind parting with the empty bottle once you're done, I'd happily take it off your hands.
    @YEMTrey
    What is this 22oz bottle you speak of? 

They only show 4 packs and 750ml on their site.  

On another note. . . This would be worth a try but would probably damage me. 

Grand Rapids MI
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    My bad, meant the 750ml bottle.
    Steve 

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Back's killing me. Pouring the Tito's down. 
  • Meeeshigan22
    Meeeshigan22 Posts: 306
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I have 2 or 3 yet to drink. Send me an address.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Thanks @Meeeshigan22  message sent.
    Steve 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Birthday beer

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    edited May 2017
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I would send you a full one but UPS confiscated my beer I tried to send during spice and rub exchange.  They aren't getting a KBS!

Edit: if you want more empty 750ml bottles let me know m I have 3 yet to drink
    Grand Rapids MI